Yoshio Suzuki (鈴木 儀雄 is a former Suzuki Yoshio)Japanese production designer. Beginning his career as a part-time modeler on Godzilla (1954) and Godzilla Raids Again (1955), Suzuki worked as an assistant in the camera and art departments at Toho for a time. In 1968, he was hired by Tsuburaya Productions to work as the drama-unit production designer of their tokusatsu television shows, beginning with Mighty Jack. His duties included creating character and weapon designs, most famously designing Ultraman Ace and Ultraman Leo as well as numerous kaiju.
Suzuki was also given sporadic work at Toho through the 1970s, and again in the 1990s, when he oversaw the production design for Takao Okawara's Reiko, Psyche Resurrected (1991) and Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995). Outside of Japan, he joined several former and then-current Toho personnel on the South Korean film The Mighty Peking Man (1977) and North Korean film Pulgasari (1985), working as special effects production designer under directors Sadamasa Arikawa and Teruyoshi Nakano, respectively.
Assistant art director
- Samurai Pirate (1963) [uncredited]
- The Adventures of Takla Makan (1966) [uncredited]
- ESPY (1974) [uncredited]
- Mighty Jack (TV 1968) [episodes TBA]
- Fight! Mighty Jack (TV 1968) [episodes TBA]
- Ultraman Ace (TV 1972-1973) [all episodes]
- The Unbalance Zone (TV 1973) [episodes TBA]
- Ultraman Taro (TV 1973-1974) [all episodes]
- Ultraman Leo (TV 1974-1975) [all episodes]
- Reiko, Psyche Resurrected (1991)
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995)
Special effects art director
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.