Yukiko Takayama (高山 由紀子 was a Takayama Yukiko)Japanese film screenwriter and director. She wrote the screenplay for the 1975 Godzilla film Terror of Mechagodzilla. In 2016, she published the novella 2075: Meister Titano's Counterattack, an unofficial sequel to the film, in Tokusatsu Hiho Vol. 5. Takayama died of natural causes in her Tokyo home on June 2, 2023.
- Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975) - Screenwriter
- 2075: Meister Titano's Counterattack (2016) - Author
- Takayama was the second woman to write a Godzilla screenplay, after Kazue Kiba, who collaborated with Shinichi Sekizawa on Son of Godzilla.
- In Takayama's original scenario for Terror of Mechagodzilla, the role of Titanosaurus was filled by two dinosaurs called Titans, who became violent only when their necks were entangled. Her script also called for the total annihilation of Tokyo by Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla, who would enter the city through Tokyo Bay and target Shinagawa ward first. Budget constraints forced Toho to scale back the destruction.
- July 1994 interview by David Milner (archived)
- English translation of 2075: Meister Titano’s Counterattack
This is a list of references for Yukiko Takayama. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 8 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.