Kazunori Ito (伊藤 和典 is a Itō Kazunori)Japanese screenwriter and artist. He is a founding member of the artist group Headgear, which created the manga and anime franchise Mobile Police Patlabor. Ito grew up watching kaiju movies at his local theater, and became a lifelong kaiju fan, often inserting references to kaiju movies into the anime on which he worked. Ito served as a screenwriter on numerous anime beginning in the 1980's with his work on Urusei Yatsura. He became most well known for writing the screenplay for the 1995 anime adaptation of Ghost in the Shell, and later for the anime adaptations of the .hack franchise. Outside of anime, Ito wrote the screenplays for all three entries of Shusuke Kaneko's Gamera trilogy. Ito has won awards for his work on Patlabor: The Movie 2, Ghost in the Shell, and Gamera: Guardian of the Universe.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
Screenwriter[edit | edit source]
- Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero (TV 1993) [episodes 1-2, 4, 7-8, 11-13; uncredited][a]
- Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (1995)
- Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion (1996)
- Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris (1999) [with Shusuke Kaneko]
Interviewee[edit | edit source]
- GAMERA1999 (1999)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Episode 8 co-written with John Douglas. Ito wrote the episodes' original Japanese scripts, which were re-written by King Wilder (episodes 1-2), Stephen Karandy (episode 4), Todd Gilbert (episode 7), John Douglas (episode 8), Tim Lennane (episode 11), and Walter A. Doty III (episodes 12-13) for the final show.
[edit | edit source]
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.