Godzilla doesn't exist, but it would be fun if he did. And if he did, I would want to fight him.
— Shinpei Hayashiya (Hail to the King: 60 Years of Destruction)
Shinpei Hayashiya (林家しん平, real name Chiaki Tsunakawa Hayashiya Shinpei) (綱川千秋, is a Tsunakawa Chiaki)Japanese rakugoka and independent filmmaker. A long-time Godzilla fan and collector, his works include the 2003 Heisei Gamera fan sequel, Gamera 4: Truth and a trilogy of independent kaiju films, beginning with Reigo: King of the Sea Monsters.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Godzilla vs. Deathgilas (2001) - Director
- Gamera 4: Truth (2003) - Director / screenwriter / executive producer / monster modeler
- Reigo: King of the Sea Monsters (2005) - Director / executive producer / screenwriter [with Keita Toriumi] / original story
- Raiga: God of the Monsters (2009) - Director / executive producer / producer / screenwriter / original story / Raiga designer
- God Raiga vs. King Ohga: War of the Monsters (2019) - Director / producer / screenwriter / original story / cinematographer / compositing / special effects compositing / editor / art director / Ohga designer
Actor[edit | edit source]
- The Return of Godzilla (1984) as Kamijo, cameraman [uncredited]
- Gamera 4: Truth (2003) as Mr. Saito
- God Raiga vs. King Ohga: War of the Monsters (2019)
Interviewee[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In a 1991 interview, Hayashiya named Godzilla (1954), The War of the Gargantuas, King Kong vs. Godzilla, Frankenstein vs. Baragon, Mothra vs. Godzilla, King Kong Escapes, Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster and Varan as the top 10 best kaiju movies.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Shinpei Hayashiya. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.