Norihiro "Nori" Honda (本田 憲拡 is a Honda Norihiro)Japanese sculptor, modeler, and special effects makeup artist. He served under Shinichi Wakasa on several entries in the Millennium series of Godzilla films.
Honda began his career in the 1980s as an apprentice of prolific special effects artist Joji Tani, known professionally as Screaming Mad George. Over the years, he worked on such films as RoboCop 3, Species, Anaconda, and the original Men in Black. In 1999, he was hired by Weta Workshop to work on the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and moved to New Zealand for a year. In 2004, he returned to New Zealand to work as an instructor at Cut Above Academy and again worked with Weta on the first entry of the The Hobbit trilogy in 2012. Honda continues to be active in film, and was involved in the 2017 Ghost in the Shell adaptation as well as the 2020 live action Mulan remake.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- The Guyver (1991) - Creature effects crew
- Anaconda (1997) - Sculptural designer
- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000) - Meganulon modeler
- Ultraman Cosmos (TV 2001-2002) - Monster modeler [39 episodes]
- Ultraman Cosmos: The First Contact (2001) - Monster modeler
- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) - Assistant modeler
- Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (2003) - Mothra modeler
Modeled monsters[edit | edit source]
- Meganulon (Godzilla vs. Megaguirus)
- Godzilla skeleton (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla)
- Mothra (Godzilla: Tokyo SOS)
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Norihiro Honda. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.