Hiromasa Shirai (白井 宏昌 is a Shirai Hiromasa)Japanese art director.
Shirai joined Toho sometime prior to 1959 through a friend from art school, working first on the film The Three Treasures. He worked closely alongside Yasuyuki Inoue, drawing blueprints for miniatures before helping to decorate sets as a regular art assistant in later years. He continued to work for the company until at least 1970, likely departing following Inoue's pursuit of a freelance career in 1971.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
Assistant special effects art director[edit | edit source]
- The Three Treasures (1959) [with Yasuyuki Inoue, Yoshio Irie, Toshiro Aoki]
- The War of the Gargantuas (1966) [with Yoshio Irie, Shun Suganuma, Takeharu Ikebuchi, Toshiro Aoki, Mutsumi Toshima, Hiroshi Komura, Jiro Shirasaki]
- Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966) [with Takeharu Ikebuchi, Toshiro Aoki, Mutsumi Toshima, Hiroshi Komura, Jiro Shirasaki]
- Destroy All Monsters (1968) [with Toshiro Aoki, Mutsumi Toshima, Hiroshi Komura, Jiro Shirasaki]
- Latitude Zero (1969) [with Toshiro Aoki, Hiroshi Komura, Jiro Shirasaki]
- All Monsters Attack (1969) [with Toshiro Aoki, Naomi Akimori]
- Space Amoeba (1970) [with Toshiro Aoki, Mutsumi Toshima, Hiroshi Komura]
Interviewee[edit | edit source]
- SciFi JAPAN TV (TV 2012-2014) [episode 10; with Toshiro Aoki, Jiro Shirasaki]
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Hiromasa Shirai. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.