Shuichi Murakami (村上 修一 is a Murakami Shūichi)Japanese sculptor who worked for Toho Eizo Bijutsu during the 1990s. First joining on the 1991 film, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Murakami served as an assistant modeler, often working to repair damages sustained to kaiju suits during filming. His most pivotal roles came in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II and Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon, for which he participated in modeling Godzilla, and designing Mechagodzilla and Utsuno Ikusagami, respectively. Murakami currently works as a self-described therapist at Synchronicity Handshake Readings in Nagoya.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) - Assistant modeler [uncredited]
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992) - Assistant modeler
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993) - Godzilla modeler / Mechagodzilla model designer [uncredited]
- Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon (1994) - Assistant modeler / Utsuno Ikusagami model designer [uncredited]
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994) - Assistant modeler [uncredited]
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995) - Assistant modeler [uncredited]
- Guyferd (TV 1996)
Monsters designed[edit | edit source]
- Mechagodzilla (Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II) [clay model]
- Utsuno Ikusagami (Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon) [clay model]
Monsters modeled[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shuichi Murakami shares his name with a former lighting assistant at Toho, who worked on Destroy All Monsters.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Shuichi Murakami. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.