Kiyoko Shibuya (渋谷 紀世子 is a Shibuya Kiyoko)Japanese visual effects director and producer. Inspired to work in effects by Star Wars (1977) and Back to the Future (1985), she joined Shirogumi as a miniature builder before making her debut as a compositor on Juzo Itami's The Last Dance (1993). Shibuya is a frequent collaborator of director Takashi Yamazaki, receiving four VFX-JAPAN awards for her work on his films Always: Sunset on Third Street 3 (2012), The Eternal Zero (2013), Fueled: The Man They Called Pirate (2016), and Destiny: The Tale of Kamakura (2017). She has also been involved with all three of Yamazaki's projects involving Godzilla: Always: Sunset on Third Street 2 (2012), Godzilla the Ride: Giant Monsters Ultimate Battle (2021), and the upcoming Godzilla Minus One (2023).
Visual effects director
- Returner (2002)
- Always: Sunset on Third Street 2 (2007)
- K-20: Legend of the Mask (2008)
- Space Battleship Yamato (2010)
- yokaipedia (2022)
- Godzilla Minus One (2023)
- Shibuya will be the first woman to direct for a Godzilla film.
- Interview with Kiyoko Shibuya for Adobe (in Japanese; published circa 2006, archived)
- Roundtable discussion with Kiyoko Shibuya and other Shirogumi members (in Japanese; published 12/7/2022)
This is a list of references for Kiyoko Shibuya. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.