I will say that I definitely knew who I wanted to win right off the bat. I remember in second grade there was a friend of mine who had a definitive idea of who he thought would win in a fight, Godzilla or King Kong, and I remember being on the playground and arguing with him about it, and I felt like he was totally wrong, by the way. And so in a weird roundabout way, this movie is like the most ridiculous way of winning a fight with a friend of yours in second grade. But now I finally have the last word.
Adam Wingard is an American film director, actor, editor, cinematographer, and screenwriter. Wingard is best-known for his work directing horror films, such as You're Next, The Guest, Blair Witch, Netflix's Death Note and segments of the anthology film V/H/S and its sequel. He directed the fourth entry in Legendary Pictures' MonsterVerse, Godzilla vs. Kong, and will return to direct the as-yet untitled fifth film.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) - Director
- Origins (2024) [working title] - Director / executive producer
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In 2013, Peter Jackson approached Adam Wingard with an offer to direct a sequel to his 2005 King Kong remake called Skull Island, written by Simon Barrett and produced by Mary Parent. According to Wingard, the film was never made because it "was set up at Universal, and the King Kong rights somehow ended up at Warner Bros." Parent also produced Godzilla vs. Kong.
- Wingard named the original Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Hedorah, Invasion of Astro-Monster, Destroy All Monsters, and Godzilla vs. Destoroyah as his favorite Godzilla films.
[edit | edit source]
- Instagram account
- ComingSoon interview (March 2019)
- Collider interview (February 2021)
- JoBlo interview (February 2021)
- CBR interview (March 2021)
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Adam Wingard. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 9 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.