Masaichi Nagata (永田 雅一 was a Nagata Masaichi)Japanese businessman and the president of Daiei from 1947 until the company's bankruptcy in 1971. The self-proclaimed creator of Gamera, he produced the monster's second film Gamera vs. Barugon, with the remainder of the Showa Gamera films produced instead by his son Hidemasa Nagata. He was also responsible for producing a handful of other tokusatsu films, notably the Daimajin trilogy. Nagata's other ventures included ownership of the professional baseball team the Daiei Stars, and the famous racehorse Tokino Minoru.
- Warning from Space (1956)
- The Demon of Mount Oe (1960)
- Buddha (1961)
- Kujira Gami (1962)
- Gamera vs. Barugon (1966)
- Daimajin (1966)
- Return of Daimajin (1966)
- Daimajin Strikes Again (1966)
- No producer was credited in the original Japanese version of Gamera; the American re-edit credits Masaichi, while Sandy Frank's English dub credits his son Hidemasa.
- A fictional character based on Nagata named Nagano appeared in the 2020 3Y Films production Nezura 1964, portrayed by Heisei Gamera trilogy star Yukijiro Hotaru.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.