Takao Okawara (大河原 孝夫 is a Ōkawara Takao)Japanese film director and writer. After graduating from Waseda University in 1972, Okawara worked under directors like Shiro Moritani and Toshio Masuda. He won the second prize at the 13th Kido Awards in 1991 for Reiko, Psyche Resurrected, his first film as a director and the only film for which he is credited as screenwriter.
1st assistant director
- The Return of Godzilla (1984)
- Reiko, Psyche Resurrected (1991)
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)
- Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon (1994)
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995)
- Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999)
- Reiko, Psyche Resurrected (1991) - Screenwriter
- As of 2022, Okawara is the last living director of any pre-Millennium series Godzilla movie.
- Interview by David Milner (December 1993, archived)
- Interview by David Milner (July 1994, archived)
- Interview by David Milner (December 1995, archived)
Showing 2 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.