|[citation(s) needed] — This article is missing references.
Please improve this article by including relevant citations.
As a reader, exercise caution when encountering unsourced statements.
Kaoru Mabuchi (馬淵 薫 Mabuchi Kaoru), known by the pen name Takeshi Kimura (木村 武, was a Kimura Takeshi)Japanese screenwriter who wrote many of Toho's non-Godzilla tokusatsu films during the Showa era. Unlike his contemporary Shinichi Sekizawa, whose screenplays were noted for their lighthearted and "fun" tone, Mabuchi's screenplays were comparatively more gloomy and contained more political themes. Mabuchi considered his screenplay for Ishiro Honda's Matango (1963) to be his best work, and was considerably less enthusiastic about his later work. He passed away on May 3, 1987, due to a throat obstruction.
- Rodan (1956) [as Takeshi Kimura; with Takeo Murata]
- The Mysterians (1957) [as Takeshi Kimura]
- The H-Man (1958) [as Takeshi Kimura]
- The Human Vapor (1960) [as Takeshi Kimura]
- The Last War (1961) [as Takeshi Kimura]
- Gorath (1962) [as Takeshi Kimura]
- Matango (1963) [as Takeshi Kimura]
- Frankenstein vs. Baragon (1965)
- The War of the Gargantuas (1966) [with Ishiro Honda]
- King Kong Escapes (1967)
- Destroy All Monsters (1968) [with Ishiro Honda]
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971) [with Yoshimitsu Banno]
- Ultra Q (TV 1966) [unaired episode "Ghost Car"]
- Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters: Earth Defense Directive (1971)
Showing 3 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.