From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
In the real world
- 21 April: The first episode of Return of Ultraman, the first entry in the Ultra Series following Eiji Tsuburaya's death, airs in Japan.
- 17 July: Gamera vs. Zigra is released in Japan.
- 24 July: Godzilla vs. Hedorah is released in Japan. This is the first Godzilla film made after the death of Eiji Tsuburaya.
- 29 November Daiei, the company that produces the Gamera films, goes bankrupt but isn't liquidated. This begins a long hiatus in the Gamera series which lasts until 1980.
- 5 December: The first episode of Mirrorman airs in Japan.
- 12 December: Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster is re-released in Japan.
- Godzilla emerges to battle the smog monster Hedorah, a giant space creature that feeds on pollution. With the help of two giant electrodes, Godzilla triumphs, but not until he suffers greatly from Hedorah's vast array of abilities. (Godzilla vs. Hedorah)
- An alien from a distant planet named Zigra arrives on Earth, intent on enslaving the human race to be used as food for his kind. Gamera arrives to battle him, and after a long and vicious battle succeeds in killing Zigra. (Gamera vs. Zigra)
Showing 3 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.