From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
In the real world
- Invasion of Astro-Monster is re-released on March 17 in Japan.
- Gamera vs. Zigra and 1958's Suzunosuke Akado: The Birdman with Three Eyes are released on July 17 in Japan.
- Daiei, the company that produces the Gamera films, goes bankrupt on November 29 but isn't liquidated. This begins a long hiatus in the Gamera series which lasts until 1980.
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah is released on July 24 in Japan. This is the first Godzilla film made after the death of Eiji Tsuburaya.
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster is re-released on December 12 in Japan.
- The first episode of Return of Ultraman, the first entry in the Ultra Series following Eiji Tsuburaya's death, airs on April 21, 1971 in Japan.
- The first episode of Mirrorman airs on December 5, 1971 in Japan.
In the Kaiju Multiverse
- Godzilla emerges to battle the smog monster Hedorah, a giant space creature that feeds on pollution. With the help of two giant electrodes, Godzilla triumphs, but not until he suffers greatly from Hedorah's vast array of abilities. (Godzilla vs. Hedorah)
- An alien from a distant planet named Zigra arrives on Earth, intent on enslaving the human race to be used as food for his kind. Gamera arrives to battle him, and after a long and vicious battle succeeds in killing Zigra. (Gamera vs. Zigra)
Showing 2 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.