In the real world[edit | edit source]
- A world-record power outage forces 17 nuclear power plants to shut down across America's northwestern seaboard.
- The Gransazers premieres on October 10 on TV Tokyo.
- Godzilla: Tokyo SOS is released on December 14 in Japan.
- An Xbox version of Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee is released.
In fiction[edit | edit source]
- After four years of hard work, "Mechagodzilla" is created with the bones and DNA of Godzilla, is finally completed. The 60 meter tall robot, which is nicknamed Kiryu, is armed with a powerful Absolute Zero Cannon capable of firing a ray that freezes any target to 0 degrees Kelvin. Just around the time the robot is completed, Godzilla returns and lands in Japan. Kiryu is deployed to fight the creature off, but before it can fire it's Absolute Zero Cannon, Godzilla roars and the spirit of the original Godzilla within the machine awakens and control of Kiryu is lost. As Godzilla escapes, Kiryu goes berserk and attacks the city itself, just as the soul inside had done 49 years earlier. Thankfully, the robot's power supply runs out after two hours, but the city is in ruins. When Godzilla attacks again several weeks later, it is only with extreme reluctance that Japan's Prime Minister deploys Kiryu again. The two monsters duke it out in Tokyo, and Kiryu finally succeeds in grabbing Godzilla and flying him out to sea. Just as the two hit the water, Kiryu fires Absolute Zero. While the water around is frozen solid, Godzilla surfaces still alive, but not without a large wound in it's chest. As Godzilla swims out to sea, Kiryu also surfaces, but is in bad shape, having lost it's Absolute Zero Cannon and one of it's arms. Kiryu is salvaged and brought back to base for repairs. (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla)
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for 2003. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.