From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
In the real world
- Godzilla, King of the Monsters! is released on April 27 in the United States.
- Rodan is released on December 26 in Japan.
- Yoshiko Tanaka was born. She would later appear in Godzilla vs. Biollante, Godzilla vs. Mothra and Assault! Human!!.
- Bride of Godzilla is scrapped.
In the Kaiju Multiverse
- A mining town on the slopes of Mount Aso on the Japanese island of Kyushu is besieged by giant insects called Meganulon that butcher the miners. However, the mine soon yields two more monsters: giant pteranodons called Rodan, who eat all the Meganulon and fly around the world at supersonic speeds. The two creatures then land in Fukuoka and devastate the city. The JSDF initiates a counterattack against the Rodans by causing an eruption of Mt. Aso using missiles. One of the Rodans falls into the lava and its mate soon joins it, and the two creatures die together. (Rodan)
- Awakened and enraged by an H-bomb test in the South Pacific, the monster known as Godzilla begins sinking ships in the waters off Japan before coming ashore on Odo Island. The beast then raids Tokyo twice, transforming the metropolis into a sea of fire, his campaign of destruction documented by American reporter Steve Martin. The monster is eventually killed by the Oxygen Destroyer, a chemical weapon invented by scientist Daisuke Serizawa, an old college friend of Martin. Serizawa seals the secret of the Oxygen Destroyer with his own death, ensuring the weapon can never be used again. (Godzilla, King of the Monsters!)
- Godzilla, a prehistoric creature roused by nuclear testing in the Pacific Ocean, attacks the city of Tokyo. The monster would frequently raid Japan in the ensuing years, gradually becoming the lesser of two evils as he fended off other more malevolent monsters. (Marvel's Godzilla, King of the Monsters)
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.