The Return of King Ghidorah!
After Kaoru Mabuchi's script for Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters: Earth Defense Directive was discarded, Shinichi Sekizawa wrote a new treatment titled The Return of King Ghidorah!. Anguirus, Megalon, and Majin Tuol were removed from the story and replaced with Rodan, Varan, and the new dragon-like monster named Mogu. This script underwent further alteration into Godzilla vs. Gigan: The Return of King Ghidorah before finally becoming Godzilla vs. Gigan.
Operating from the Godzilla Tower, an alien brain named Miko sends King Ghidorah, Gigan, and Mogu to destroy Tokyo. Godzilla and Rodan intercept them, sending them retreating to space. But they return, and Godzilla and Rodan team up with Varan to combat them once again. Godzilla destroys the Godzilla Tower and kills Miko, and the three Earth monsters are able to defeat the space monsters once again and force them back into outer space.
- In this draft, Gigan could fire a spiked ball from his right hand.
- The Zone Fighter episode "King Ghidorah's Counterattack!" shares a very similar title to this story treatment.
- The Return of King Ghidorah is also the name of an unmade direct sequel to Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. Aside from the title, the two films are not related.
- Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters: Earth Defense Directive
- Godzilla vs. Gigan: The Return of King Ghidorah
This is a list of references for The Return of King Ghidorah!. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 4 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.