Toru Matoba (的場 徹 was a Matoba Tōru)Japanese special effects director and cameraman. Matoba began his career in 1939, working as an assistant cameraman for the now-defunct film company Nikkatsu Tamagawa Photo Studio and became inspired by the two-part 1940 film Enoken's Sun Wukong. He joined Daiei Tokyo Studio as a cinematographer during World War II. Specializing in visual effects, he worked on a number of Daiei's early tokusatsu films, such as 1956's Warning from Space, 1957's The Invisible Man vs. The Human Fly, and 1962's Kujira Gami.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
Director of special effects[edit | edit source]
- Warning from Space (1956)
- The Invisible Man vs. The Human Fly (1957)
- Ultra Q (TV 1966) [episodes 7, 10, 13, 15-16, 20-21, 23-24, 26]
- Ultraman (TV 1966-1967) [episodes 2-3, 5]
- Monster Booska (TV 1966-1967) [episodes 1-24, 26-27, 33-34, 42, 45-47]
- Ultraseven (TV 1967-1968) [episodes 7, 9-11, 19-20, 23, 26-27, 30-31, 47]
- Operation: Mystery (TV 1968-1969) [episodes 1-3, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 17-18, 21, 24]
- Ultraman: Great Monster Battle (1979) [compilation movie]
Special effects cinematographer[edit | edit source]
Actor[edit | edit source]
- Monster Booska (TV 1966-1967) as island chieftain [episode 9] / man launching fireworks [episode 26] / captain of cruiseferry [episode 42]
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.