Seiji Onaka (大仲 清治 was a Japanese professional baseball player and actor. He appeared in numerous small roles in many of Ōnaka Seiji)Toho's science-fiction films from 1956 to 1970. He was also cast as Godzilla in Son of Godzilla due to his tall stature, but a hand injury forced him to bow out of the role shortly after filming started and was replaced by Hiroshi Sekita. Onaka retired from acting in 1970 and passed away sometime prior to 2016.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Rodan (1956) as Nakagawa
- The Human Vapor (1960) as Police officer
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) as Pacific Pharmaceutical employee / Oyanamaru sailor [uncredited]
- Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) as Fisherman / police officer [uncredited]
- Dogora (1964) as Airplane passenger [uncredited]
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964) as UFO club member / reporter / tourist [uncredited]
- Frankenstein vs. Baragon (1965) Passenger on ferryboat / SDF soldier [uncredited]
- Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965) as JSDF soldier [uncredited]
- The War of the Gargantuas (1966) as Coast Guard official [uncredited]
- Kaiju Booska (TV 1966-1967) as Human Kong [episode 11] / Sumitomo Fujiwara's subordinate [episodes 33-34]
- Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966) as Newspaperman / dance spectator / Red Bamboo soldier [uncredited]
- King Kong Escapes (1967) as Sailor on Dr. Who's ship [uncredited]
- Son of Godzilla (1967) as Godzilla [land scenes, with Hiroshi Sekita]
- Destroy All Monsters (1968) as Military officer / moon base Engineer / reporter [uncredited]
- Latitude Zero (1969) Rocket crewmember [uncredited]
- Space Amoeba (1970) as Sergio Islander [uncredited]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars writer Henry Gilroy named the pirate Hondo Ohnaka after Seiji Onaka and director Ishiro Honda.
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Seiji Onaka. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.