Michihiro Ikemizu (池水 通洋, often miscredited as Michihiro Ikenaga Ikemizu Michihiro) (池永 通洋, is a Ikenaga Michihiro)Japanese actor and voice actor. Though he is perhaps best remembered for his anime roles, such as the voices of Isao Ota in the Mobile Police Patlabor franchise and Onsen-Mark in the Urusei Yatsura movies, he is known in the tokusatsu world for having provided the voices of various monsters and heroes in the 1970s. These include a slew of kaijin from the original Kamen Rider; Arashi for much of Arashi the Ninja; Mad Go-Ne, Jumborg 9, and Jumborg Ace in Jumborg Ace; Captain Dagger and Megaloman in Megaloman; and Fireman, among others. He also starred as Moonlight Mask in the anime series The Man Who Loves Justice: Moonlight Mask, based on the tokusatsu hero by Kohan Kawauchi.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Return of Ultraman (TV 1971-1972) as Ken Sakata [voice; episode 41, uncredited]
- Ultraman Ace (TV 1972-1973) as Ultraseven [voice; episodes 13-14, 39, 44; uncredited] / restaurant patron [voice; episode 16, uncredited]
- Emergency 10-4, 10-10 (TV 1972) as narrator [episode 6] / voice over communicator [uncredited]
- Jumborg Ace (TV 1973) as Mad Go-Ne [voice; episodes 13-32, as Michihiro Ikenaga][note 1] / Jumborg Ace [voice; episodes 26-50, uncredited] / Jumborg 9 [voice; uncredited]
- Diamond Eye (TV 1973-1974) as Diamond Eye [voice; episodes 1-7, uncredited]
- Fireman (TV 1973) as Fireman [voice; uncredited]
- Flying Saucer War Bankid (TV 1976-1977) as Lieutenant Tfun [voice; episode 10, uncredited] / Major General Bgomess [voice; episode 25, uncredited]
- The War in Space (1977) as Jimmy [voice; uncredited]
- The Ultraman (TV 1979-1980) as Tajima [voice; episode 8]
- Megaloman (TV 1979) as Megaloman [voice; episodes 5-31, uncredited] / Captain Dagger [voice; uncredited]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ikemizu voiced the character Lorth Needa in TV Asahi's Japanese dub of The Empire Strikes Back. The War in Space, for which Ikemizu voiced Jimmy, was produced in response to the original Star Wars.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ikemizu is credited inconsistently for his role as the voice of Mad Go-Ne. He goes uncredited in episodes 13, 14, and 28. He is credited as "voice of Mad Go-Ne" in episodes 15 and 29-32. In episodes 16 and 18, he is credited simply as "Mad Go-Ne" with no suit actor listed. In episodes 17, 19, and 23-27, he is dually credited as "Mad Go-Ne" with either Sakon Shimura or Kanemitsu Arikawa. In episodes 20-22, he is credited as simply "voice" next to Shimura as Mad Go-Ne.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.