Teruo Aragaki (荒垣輝雄 Aragaki Teruo)[note 1] was a Japanese suit actor. Aragaki portrayed Gamera from 1966 to 1968, but is perhaps most well-known for the numerous monster roles he played in Tsuburaya Productions' television series Ultraman and Ultraseven. Aragaki passed away in April 2014 at the age of 77 after suffering from idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Gamera vs. Barugon (1966) as Gamera
- Ultraman (TV 1966-1967) as Bemular [episode 1] / Gesura [episode 6] / Antlar [episode 7] / Red King [episode 8] / Gyango [episode 11] / Dodongo [episode 12; with Yukihiro Kiyono] / Pestar [episode 13] / Gamakujira [episode 14] / Gavadon [episode 15] / Bullton [episode 17] / Hydra [episode 20] / Jamila [episode 23] / Gubira [episode 24] / Geronimon [episode 37] / Zetton [episode 39]
- Gamera vs. Gyaos (1967) as Gamera
- Kaiju Booska (TV 1967) as Chamegon
- Ultraseven (TV 1967-1968) as Alien Metron [episode 8] / Alien Wild [episode 11] / Alien Iyros [episode 13] / Search team member [episode 16] / Alien Shaplay [episode 20] / Alien Braco [episode 22]
- Gamera vs. Viras (1968) as Gamera
- Destroy All Monsters (1968) as Rodan
- Latitude Zero (1969) as Giant Rat
Teruo Aragaki (wearing black) and Haruyoshi Nakamura (center, wearing white) among other crew members on the set of Ultraman
- Director Noriaki Yuasa complimented Aragaki's ability to portray Gamera, as the suit was extremely heavy due to being equipped with reinforced steel.
- Aragaki's real surname was spelled 新垣, though still pronounced Aragaki. Depending on the work, he was sometimes credited as such.
Showing 2 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.
<comments voting="Plus" />