Hiroshi Sekita (関田裕, sometimes erroneously billed in English as Yu Sekita, is a former Sekita Hiroshi)Japanese actor. Sekita began his career acting in films for the Nikkatsu Corporation before moving exclusively to Toho. He played several bit roles in the late 1950's and early 1960's, before eventually becoming a kaiju suit actor in the late 1960's. His most celebrated roles include Sanda in The War of the Gargantuas and Godzilla in the majority of the character's scenes in Son of Godzilla. Outside of acting, Sekita was a master of karate, and his hobbies included swimming and practicing judo. He retired from acting in 1969 after appearing in Latitude Zero.
- Mothra (1961) as Sekida, Orion Maru steering assistant
- The Last War (1961) as Singer on TV
- Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) as Infant Islander / Nagoya citizen / Hotel guest
- Ultra Q (TV 1966) as Rail worker [episode 1] / 1/8 Project planning officer [episode 17]
- The War of the Gargantuas (1966) as Sanda / Beer garden guest
- Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966) as Ebirah
- King Kong Escapes (1967) as Gorosaurus / Mechani-Kong / Security officer
- Son of Godzilla (1967) as Godzilla [land scenes]
- Destroy All Monsters (1968) as Anguirus / Gorosaurus / Doctor at hospital
- Latitude Zero (1969) as Bat Man / Seaman
- Sekita was not originally cast to play Godzilla in Son of Godzilla. As Godzilla's primary suit actor Haruo Nakajima would be unable to play the character in scenes set on land due to the size of the new suit, the comparatively taller Seiji Onaka was cast in the role. However, Onaka injured his hand shortly after the start of filming, and Sekita was chosen to replace him, as he was also taller than Nakajima.
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.