I can hardly call it acting, but I talk big about it now!
Kenpachiro Satsuma (薩摩剣八郎, originally known as Kengo Nakayama Satsuma Kenpachirō) (中山剣吾, is a Nakayama Kengo)Japanese actor. Satsuma worked as a suit actor in the Godzilla films of the 1970's, starring as the villainous monsters Hedorah and Gigan alongside his friend and mentor, Haruo Nakajima, who portrayed Godzilla. Satsuma returned to play Godzilla himself in the 1984 film The Return of Godzilla, and would reprise the role through the rest of the Heisei series, with his final portrayal of the character coming in 1995's Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971) as Hedorah
- Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972) as Gigan
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) as Gigan
- The Return of Godzilla (1984) as Godzilla
- Pulgasari (1985) as Pulgasari
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) - Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) - Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992) - Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993) - Godzilla
- Monster Planet of Godzilla (1994) - Godzilla
- Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon (1994) - Yamata no Orochi
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994) - Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995) - Godzilla
- While playing Hedorah, Satsuma was struck with appendicitis during the production. The doctors were forced to perform the appendectomy while he was still wearing the Hedorah suit, due to the length of time it took to take off. During the operation, Satsuma learned that painkillers have no effect on him.
- Satsuma reported that while playing Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, the smoke given off by the suit was concentrated Carbon Monoxide. This would lead to him passing out multiple times during production.
- Satsuma's surname is given to the Satsuma, a JSDF-operated submarine which appears in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.
This is a list of references for Kenpachiro Satsuma. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
- Interview by David Milner (December 1993)
- Interview by David Milner (July 1994)
- Interview by David Milner (December 1995)
- Interview by John Rocco Roberto (1999)
- Interview by Kyle Yount (May 2014)
Showing 4 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.
<comments voting="Plus" />