I can hardly call it acting, but I talk big about it now!
Kenpachiro Satsuma (薩摩 剣八郎, formerly known by the stage names Kengo Nakayama Satsuma Kenpachirō) (中山 剣吾 and Ryuma Kusaka Nakayama Kengo) (久坂 龍馬, is a Kusaka Ryūma)Japanese actor. Satsuma worked as a suit actor in the Godzilla films of the 1970s, starring as the villainous monsters Hedorah and Gigan, opposite his friend and mentor Haruo Nakajima as Godzilla. Satsuma returned to play Godzilla himself in the 1984 film The Return of Godzilla, and would reprise the role through the rest of the Heisei series, with his final portrayal of the character coming in 1995's Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.
- Return of Ultraman (TV 1971-1972) as MAT base guard [episode 31; as Kengo Nakayama]
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971) as Hedorah [as Kengo Nakayama]
- Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972) as Gigan [as Kengo Nakayama]
- Thunder Mask (TV 1972-1973) as Thunder Mask [as Kengo Nakayama]
- Ultraman Ace (TV 1972-1973) [episodes 13-14; as Kengo Nakayama]
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) as Gigan [as Kengo Nakayama][note 1]
- Prophecies of Nostradamus (1974) [as Kengo Nakayama]
- The Return of Godzilla (1984) as Godzilla
- Pulgasari (1985) as Pulgasari
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) as Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) as Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992) as Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993) as Godzilla
- Monster Planet of Godzilla (1994) as Godzilla
- Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon (1994) as Yamata no Orochi
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994) as Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995) as Godzilla
- Satsuma suffered acute appendicitis while promoting Godzilla vs. Hedorah, which required surgery. During the procedure, he discovered that he was unaffected by painkillers, forcing the doctor to knock him out with chloroform. Satsuma wore part of the Hedorah costume for an interview just before his diagnosis, giving rise to an urban legend that the surgery had taken place with him still inside the suit.
- Satsuma reported that while playing Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, the smoke given off by the suit was concentrated carbon monoxide. This would lead to him passing out multiple times during production.
- Interview by David Milner (December 1993)
- Interview by David Milner (July 1994)
- Interview by David Milner (December 1995)
- Interview by John Rocco Roberto (1999)
- Interview by Kyle Yount (May 2014)
- Satsuma is often erroneously credited as having played Megalon.
This is a list of references for Kenpachiro Satsuma. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 11 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.