BioGoji / GhidoGoji
In 1989, Godzilla was given a whole new look yet again, an overall design which would set the trend for the rest of Godzilla's suits featured in the Heisei era. To convey a feeling of mass and power, the head was reduced and the neck elongated. The face was also changed and appeared to be more feline in appearance. Significant musculature was added, particularly around the chest and thigh area. The irises were enlarged to fill most of the eye sockets, projecting the impression of mammalian cunning. The fangs were eliminated once again, but Godzilla's teeth were increased to include a double row of sharp teeth in both the upper and lower jaws. The lateral dorsal plates were also enlarged almost to the size of the center row. Just like the previous suit, this one also weighed 242 pounds, but this time the suit was actually built to fit suit actor Kenpachiro Satsuma, making it much easier for the actor to move. A second suit used in filming water scenes was also built, weighing 176 pounds.
A puppet was also created of Godzilla's head, neck and shoulders, used in close-up shots.
Use in other media
- Godzilla (1993) - NEC/Hudson Soft TurboDuo and PC Engine Duo
- Godzilla on Monster Island (2011) - AVP Slot Machine
- Godzilla (2014) - Sony PlayStation 3 and 4
- Godzilla Kaiju Collection (2015) - Android and iOS
- Godzilla Defense Force (2019) - Android and iOS
- Godzilla Battle Line (2021) - Android, iOS, and PC
- XR World (2022) - Android, iOS, and PC
Kenpachiro Satsuma falls into the water during filming, requiring a team to help pull the suit back up
Kenpachiro Satsuma tries on an incomplete suit
Kenpachiro Satsuma dances in a BioGoji suit between takes
The cover for the soundtrack of Godzilla vs. Biollante
The cover for the soundtrack of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Bandai Godzilla: High Grade Shin Godzilla Set Godzilla 1989
Bandai The Godzilla Collection Godzilla 1991
Hazawa-Gumi Godzilla 1989
Diamond Select Godzilla 1989 vinyl figure bank
S.H. MonsterArts Light Sound Songs Godzilla 1989
X-Plus 25cm Godzilla 1989
Shokugan Godzilla 1989
NECA 1989 Godzilla
Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla 1991
Super7 Ultimates! Godzilla 1989
Movie Monster Series Extreme Godzilla 1989 Osaka Attack Luminous Color ver.
Toys based on the Godzilla Battle Line model
Godzilla 2-Inch Mini Figures by WizKids
Battle Spirits BSC26 Godzilla (1989) card
24cm 150,000,000 yen pure gold 15kg BioGoji Godzilla 「純金 GODZILLA」
Keychain of Godzilla and Super X2
- At the beginning of Godzilla vs. Mothra's production schedule, an unknown party stole the Hokkaido GhidoGoji suit from Toho Studios before it could be used in several scenes too strenuous for the new BatoGoji suit. It was eventually discovered on the shore of Lake Okutama by an old woman. Members of Koichi Kawakita's special effects team were reportedly disappointed at its return, due to the amount of time required to repair the damage it had sustained. It can be seen in the completed film fighting the larval Battra underwater, rising from the erupting Mount Fuji, and falling to the ground after Battra drops the top of the Yokohama Landmark Tower onto it.
- One of the three BioGoji suits built for Godzilla vs. Biollante was deemed unacceptable, presumably by special effects director Koichi Kawakita, and appeared only in publicity photos and the scene when Godzilla approaches the Twin 21 Towers. It had a flatter head, a thicker neck, and slimmer thighs than the BioGoji.
This is a list of references for BioGoji. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 49 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.