Name[edit | edit source]
Detail[edit | edit source]
One of the most popular Godzilla designs, the KingGoji was noticeably different from any Godzilla suits before or since. The suit was more reptilian in appearance and the build was very stocky, especially in the lower half of the body. The head was small and streamlined, with a combination of human-like eyes placed on the sides of the head in a reptilian manner.
Other distinctive features for the KingGoji included large hands with spike-like claws and thumbs nearly as large as the three other fingers. The KingGoji also had several features that would be common to all Godzilla suits until 1984's 84Goji. These were a lack of visible external ears, no fangs, three toes, a smooth underside for the tail, and one large main row of dorsal plates flanked by two smaller rows.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
Covers[edit | edit source]
The cover for the soundtrack of King Kong vs. Godzilla
Toys[edit | edit source]
Godzilla: High Grade Set 6 Godzilla '62
Gigabrain Godzilla 1962
Hazawa-Gumi Godzilla 1962
X-Plus Defo-Real Godzilla 1962
X-Plus 25cm Godzilla 1962
X-Plus 30cm Godzilla 1962
X-Plus 30cm Favorite Sculptors Line Godzilla 1962
X-Plus Gigantic Series Godzilla 1962
Bandai Museum Godzilla 1962
Bandai Japan Hyper Godzilla Godzilla 1962 (painted version)
Bandai Japan Hyper Godzilla Godzilla 1962
Bandai Japan Godzilla 1962 finger puppet
Bandai Japan Godzilla Appearance Godzilla 1962
Bandai Japan Godzilla Appearance 2 Godzilla 1962
Bandai Japan Godzilla Complete Works Godzilla 1962
Bandai Japan Godzilla Dash Godzilla 1962
S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla (1962)
NECA Godzilla (King Kong vs. Godzilla 1962 Movie)
Books[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A statue of the KingGoji can be seen in Colonel Gondo's office in Godzilla vs. Biollante.
- The suit was also used in Mothra vs. Godzilla as a stand-in for the MosuGoji suit in two scenes. It is first used in the scene where Godzilla is shown wading to Iwa Island in the distance, and is later utilized when Godzilla is cocooned in silk by the Mothra larvae and falls into the ocean. The KingGoji was also featured in early publicity stills and posters for the film.
- A finless version of this design was used in the original version of The Revenge of Shinobi for the Sega Genesis. Named as Godzilla, it was one of the bosses. In later versions, it was replaced with a dinosaur skeleton.
- The MireGoji bears some resemblance to the KingGoji, notably in its facial structure.
- One of the two Godzilla suits used in the 1983 fan film Wolfman vs. Godzilla is a replica of the KingGoji, the other being a replica of the MosuGoji.
Showing 15 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.