- This article covers the 1998 Godzilla design. For the Godzilla incarnation, see Godzilla/TriStar.
The ToraGoji is a very drastic redesign for Godzilla, to the point of bearing little resemblance to previous designs. The design's CGI model has a stance similar to modern depictions of theropod dinosaurs, such as Tyrannosaurus rex, in contrast to Godzilla's traditional upright humanoid posture.
The color of the design's skin is a very dark blue on the top of his body, to the point of looking black during some scenes, a silvery light-blue color on the sides of the body, and tan on the underside, as if to blend in with urban environment.
The ToraGoji design has a notably big underbite with a huge chin, and teeth which stick out of the mouth, much like crocodiles'. In contrast to Godzilla's traditional maple leaf shaped dorsal plates, the ToraGoji has curved, spike-like scutes, curving towards the front, described as looking somewhat like reversed shark fins.
The design has powerful, long legs and arms, which enable for very swift movement; something it was specifically designed to have.
Use in Other Media
Actor Kurt Carley donning the suit
The Godzilla animatronic goes unused for GODZILLA 2
Cover for the soundtrack of GODZILLA
Godzilla: High Grade Set 4 Godzilla '98
X-Plus Godzilla 1998
Trendmasters Fang Bite Godzilla 1998
Trendmasters Living Godzilla 1998
Trendmasters Razor Bite Godzilla 1998
Japanese release of Razor Bite Godzilla 1998 by Bandai, renamed "DX Godzilla"
Trendmasters Shatter Tail Godzilla 1998
Trendmasters Thunder Tail Godzilla 1998
Trendmasters Ultimate Godzilla 1998 Box
Trendmasters Ultimate Godzilla 1998
Trendmasters Supreme Godzilla 1998
Trendmasters Shatter Blast Godzilla 1998 vs. Rocket Launcher
Trendmasters Electronic Godzilla 1998 Bank
Trendmasters Terror At Times Square Micro Battle World
Godzilla Sofubi Collection Godzilla 1998
Mothra Kaiju Legend Godzilla 1998
Bandai Hyper Godzilla 1998
Best of Godzilla Godzilla 1998 and Baby Godzilla figures
Godzilla 1998 and Baby Godzilla finger puppets
Glow in the dark Godzilla 1998 and Baby Godzilla finger puppets
Taco Bell Godzilla 1998 figure
Godzilla 1998 Taco Bell Cup Holder
- This Godzilla redesign was made by Patrick Tatopoulos based only on Roland Emmerich's instructions that the monster had to be quick and agile.
- Although Toho had little to do with the making of this design, they still knew what it looked like and nevertheless approved it. Toho's chairman at the time, Isao Matsuoka, even said he felt it kept the essence of Godzilla, though many of Toho's executives and employees would later express their displeasure with the design.
- The animatronic Godzilla was designed by veteran Disney Imagineer Bob Gurr, who also created the giant animatronic King Kong for the Universal Studios Hollywood tour.
- To create Zilla's CGI model for Godzilla: Final Wars, Toho scanned Trendmasters' Ultimate Godzilla figure based on the ToraGoji design. Some alterations were made to Zilla's model, such as the removal of the dewlap on his neck and having his scutes point straight upward instead of curving forward, in addition to making his skin a stone gray color.
- The comic series Godzilla: Rulers of Earth directly bases Zilla's appearance on the ToraGoji design, complete with the curved scutes and dewlap. However, it portrays Zilla as green rather than blue and adds a fifth digit to his hands, a trait present neither in the ToraGoji or Zilla in Godzilla: Final Wars.
This is a list of references for ToraGoji. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 19 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.