Monster Planet of Godzilla (1994)
Monster Planet of Godzilla (怪獣プラネットゴジラ was a "Godzilla simulator" attraction featured at the Sanrio Puroland and Harmonyland theme parks in Kaijū Puranetto Gojira, lit. Monster Planet Godzilla)Japan. Running from March 18, 1994 to July 1, 1998, it featured a short film produced by Toho using the RadoGoji Godzilla suit and Rodan puppet from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II, and the Mothra imago puppet from Godzilla vs. Mothra. At Sanrio Puroland, the film was presented in 3D, with odors released into the theater to enhance the viewing experience, such as smoke during scenes of destruction.
A spaceship called Earth is dispatched to investigate the disappearance of its counterpart on a monster-filled planet beyond our Solar System. Once there, it quickly spots the downed craft, and is promptly attacked by Mothra and Rodan. It spots Godzilla and opens fire on him, giving the Planet enough time to escape.
As a volcano erupts, a strange light transports the three kaiju to Tokyo Station, where Godzilla goes on a rampage. Earth aids the JSDF in its efforts to stop Godzilla, but their weapons have little effect. After he dispatches the machines on the ground, Rodan flies in for a few pecks and Mothra descends on him with her explosive scales. Earth finally returns the kaiju to their home planet by releasing a green powder, which encases each of them in a bubble.
- Main article: Monster Planet of Godzilla/Credits.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Koichi Kawakita
- Written by Marie Terunuma
- Executive producers Kiyoshi Suzuki, Yasuo Wakabayashi
- Music by Akira Ifukube (stock)
- Cinematography by Kenichi Eguchi
- Edited by Sae Tojima
- Production design by Tetsuzo Osawa
- Assistant directors Kenji Suzuki, Yoshiaki Kondo
- Special effects by Tadaaki Watanabe, Osamu Kume
- Optical effects by Yoshiaki Kishimoto
- Simulator programmer Trey Stokes
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Megumi Odaka as Miki Saegusa
- Megumi Hayashibara as Hello Kitty (voice)
- Tadashi Nakamura as General (voice)
- Iemasa Kayumi as Professor Dreamon (voice)
- Kaneto Shiozawa as Planet pilot (voice) / G-Force soldier (voice)
- Kenpachiro Satsuma as Godzilla
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- From comparing Godzilla's height to the surrounding buildings in the city scenes, he appears to be roughly 50 meters tall, the same height as his Showa counterpart. Several Japanese publications coincide with this, listing the incarnation of Godzilla's height as "50 meters (estimate)," as well as a weight of "20,000 metric tons (estimate)."
- The attraction's footage was later released as a bonus feature for the Japan-only Godzilla Final Box and the 5-disc Japanese Blu-Ray/DVD release of the 2014 film. However, all footage of Hello Kitty was removed.
- The Earth launch bay from the Planetary Exploration Station is reused from the Minerva-II hanger launch bay from Bye-Bye Jupiter.
This is a list of references for Monster Planet of Godzilla. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.