Type 74 Tank
The Type 74 Nana-yon, or Type 74 Tank is a main battle tank of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF). It was built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries as a replacement for the earlier Type 61. It has seen activity in all Heisei era movies as well as the first Millennium era movie.
|Please help improve this article by talk page.or discussing ideas on its|
- The Return of Godzilla (1984)
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994) [deleted scene]
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995)
- Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999)
- Negadon: The Monster from Mars (2005)
The JSDF deployed several units of Type 74 Tanks with M110A2 Self-Propelled Howitzers, Ballistic Missile Launchers and battalions of armed ground troops with assault rifles to take positions along the coastline of Tokyo Bay, awaiting Godzilla's arrival. Godzilla arrived at Tokyo Bay as the air force attacked him with fighter jets, but most of them were shot down as he proceeded closer to the coast. The Type 74 tanks and other ground units opened fire on Godzilla, but their bombardment was ineffective on the radioactive behemoth. Godzilla then unleashed a long blast of his atomic ray, wiping out all of the ground units.
- Armed with a 105mm cannon
- Equipped with 12.7mm and 7.62mm machine guns
- Able to move at 53 kilometers per hour.
- Can be armed with Cadmium shells.
- Type 74 Tanks appear in a deleted scene from Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla where they battle Godzilla alongside MBT-MB92s and an MBAW-93.
This is a list of references for Type 74 Tank. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.