The CLT-95 (９５式冷凍レーザータンク is a specialized version of the standard 95-Shiki Reitō Rēzā Tanku, lit. Type-95 Refrigeration Laser Tank)Maser Cannon that first appears in the 1995 Godzilla film, Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.
History[edit | edit source]
A new version of the Maser Cannons which had so aided the JSDF during the 1990s, the CLT-95, armed with the new Ultra-Low Temperature (ULT) Laser cannons or Cryolasers, was deployed once it became apparent that Godzilla was slowly turning into an unstable nuclear force. Several were rolled out alongside a fleet of AH-64 Apaches and Type 90 Tanks to deal with the army of Juvenile Destoroyahs. At first, they made light work of the pitiful Precambrians, but when they Aggregated into a larger form, the military units were no match for the might of Destoroyah.
Later, in the final throes of Godzilla's battle in Tokyo against the final form of Destoroyah, the CLT-95s were deployed in a pincer movement alongside units of MBT-MB92s, MBAW-93s, and the Super X3. Trundling through the decimated streets, the ground units armed their weapons upon Destoroyah, and fired their icy rage upon the Precambrian menace, while the Super X3 blasted out Destoroyah's wings. Destoroyah fell from the sky, exploded, and was no more.
Yet, the Battle was not yet won. Godzilla literally began to melt as his energy became uncontrollable. Firing their weapons on the Kaiju King, it seemed that they had resisted his meltdown. Alas, this was only temporary, and Godzilla showered radiation over the city. Fortunately, Godzilla imparted his energy unto his son, and in his fleeting moments had saved all of Japan. The CLT-95s, along with the rest of the military, had played a vital part in this victory.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Ultra-low temperature laser cannon.
- Two eight-cell rocket launchers loaded with freezer missiles and Cadmium missiles, for a total of 16 missiles.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Anatomy concept art by Shinji Nishikawa.
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
An assortment of CLT-95s, alongside Type 90 Tanks and other military vehicles
Detailed view of a CLT-95's Cadmium missile launchers
CLT-95 prop in The Gransazers
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
Toys[edit | edit source]
S.H. MonsterArts CLT-95, included with Burning Godzilla
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A CLT-95 prop appears at the beginning of the first episode of The Gransazers as one of the weapons used by an ancient, advanced human society to defend itself against Warp Monarch.
- The Ultra-Low Temperature Laser cannon has some basis in reality, as Laser cooling is a real world field of science with several methods of cooling things to near absolute zero temperature using lasers.
- One piece of concept art for the MBAW-93, which debuted in Godzilla vs. Mothra, featured four panels near the cannon tip. This would ultimately be used for the CLT-95's design instead.
- The MBAW-93 and CLT-95's optional missile pods are mounted in a vertical position, while the MBT-MB92's are mounted in a horizontal position.
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for CLT-95. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 5 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.