The Super X3 was introduced as Japan's latest form of defense, following Mechagodzilla and M.O.G.U.E.R.A. It was also the third in the line of Super X aircraft, succeeding the Super X2 which was damaged beyond repair in 1990.
In 1996, it was discovered that Godzilla's heart was starting to melt down, which put the entire planet and every living thing on it at risk if he were to explode, as his destruction could result in a so-called China Syndrome. It was then discovered that Godzilla was heading for the Ikata Nuclear Power Plant at the head of the Bungo Channel, so the Super X3, piloted by Sho Kuroki, was deployed to intercept him.
Godzilla approached the plant, but before he could cause critical damage to it, the Super X3 appeared and began to assault the kaiju with its payload of cadmium and freezer missiles and its ultra-low temperature (ULT) maser beam. While the cadmium reduced crucial nuclear reactions in Godzilla's heart, the remaining freezer weapons drastically reduced his core temperature, eventually freezing Godzilla solid, buying Japan some time to decide on a new plan of attack.
The Super X3 later appeared in Tokyo alongside a fleet of freezer-capable DAG-MB96s, MBT-92s and MBAW-93s. When Destoroyah attempted to escape, the Super X3 and the land forces fired on him with their ULT masers, shredding the Precambrian monster's wings. Destoroyah plunged to the superheated ground and exploded upon impact.
Now, a new challenge appeared, and that was to stave off Godzilla's meltdown once more. The Super X3 assisted in trying to cool Godzilla down and prevented him from melting to the planet's core, but the attempt failed to prevent catastrophic amounts of radiation from entering the atmosphere. As the Super X3 circled Tokyo, Kuroki and his crew observed Godzilla's heart exploding and showering radiation over the city. However, at the last moment, Godzilla Junior's lifeless body absorbed the radiation, reviving him and maturing him into the next Godzilla.
The Super X3 can fly at a maximum speed of Mach 1.7, allowing it to quickly reach objectives and evade kaiju attacks. Its hull features a layer of TA32, rendering it extremely resistant to heat and radiation. The layer proved strong enough to ensure Sho Kuroki and his crew's survival during Godzilla's meltdown.
Offensively, the Super X3 can fire an ultra-low temperature (ULT) Maser beam, also known as a cryolaser. It is also armed with freezer missiles and cadmium shells, which can counteract Godzilla's radiation by slowing nuclear reactions in his heart. These weapons, combined with the Super X3's superb heat and radiation resistance, proved essential in the vehicle's skirmishes with Godzilla and its assistance in finally destroying Destoroyah.
- Godzilla: Trading Battle (1998) - Sony PlayStation
- Godzilla Generations (1998) - Sega Dreamcast
- Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact (1999) - Sega Dreamcast
- Godzilla: Save the Earth (2004) - Sony PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Xbox
- Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash (2007) - Nintendo DS [as Monster Island Bomber]
- CR Godzilla 3S-T Battle (2006) - Pachinko
- Godzilla (2014) - Sony PlayStation 3 and 4
- Godzilla: Kaiju Collection (2015) - Android and iOS
S.H. MonsterArts Super X3
- The Super X3 was operated by Sho Kuroki, who operated the Super X2 in Godzilla vs. Biollante.
- The Super X3 is one of the only Heisei series anti-kaiju inventions that was not destroyed in battle with a monster. The Super X, Super X2, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Garuda, and Mechagodzilla were destroyed by Godzilla, and M.O.G.U.E.R.A. (including Land Moguera and the Star Falcon) was defeated by SpaceGodzilla. No DAG-MB96s are shown being destroyed by Godzilla or Destoroyah either.
- The Super X3 also appeared in Godzilla: Save the Earth as an airstrike alongside Battra. It would fly around and shoot missiles and freeze missiles at the summoner's opponents.
- Concept art reveals that the Super X3 was originally designed to be an incarnation of the Gotengo, featuring three drills. Another piece of concept art reveals that at one point the Super X3 was to be codenamed "Wyvern." In early drafts of the script of Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, the role of the Super X3 was to be taken by a new mecha, G-END.
This is a list of references for Super X3. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.