The Karyu was dispatched to stop Anguirus' rampage in Shanghai, and fought him to a stalemate. Anguirus was eventually taken away by the Xiliens, but released again when their plans were uncovered. With Anguirus deployed to Shanghai once more, the Karyu arrived to fight him again, but this time had to contend with huge clouds of Xilien Fighters as well. While the Karyu managed to defend against the alien ships, it quickly began to sustain large amounts of damage to its engines, and caught fire. With the crew distracted, Anguirus launched himself at the Karyu, slamming it into the ground and destroying it in a huge explosion.
- Capable of sustained flight.
- Can discharge a Blade Maser (ブレードメーサー from its central cannon. Burēdo Mēsā)
- Capable of firing eight heat-seeking Type 20 Anti-Monster Proton Missiles (20式対怪獣プロトンミサイル, or MA-PM020, simultaneously, from the hull. Nijū Shiki Tai Kaijū Puroton Misairu)
- Equipped with two Miniature Plasma Maser Beam Cannons (小型プラズマメーサービーム砲. Kogata Purazuma Mēsā Bīmu Hō)
Gotengo and Karyu dish concept art
Cast Karyu ornament
- The Karyu's name, which translates to "Fire Dragon" in Japanese, is likely a reference to a Kilaak UFO of the same name from Destroy All Monsters.
- The Karyu is referred to by Captain Li Xiang by the Chinese reading of the characters in its name, "Huǒlóng," in the version of Godzilla Final Wars that played during its Hollywood world premiere.
This is a list of references for Karyu. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 7 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.
<comments voting="Plus" />