Type 61 Tank
The Type 61 Tank was a Japanese battle tank developed and built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. It appears in the 1964 Godzilla film, Mothra vs. Godzilla and several other kaiju films from the Showa series.
- 1 History
- 2 Video Games
- 3 Weapons
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Comments
After Godzilla killed the adult Mothra, the tanks participated in both JSDF operations to drive Godzilla towards Artificial Lightning Generators. After the failure of the second electrical attack, he turned his atomic ray on them, setting five ablaze.
To be added
To be added.
Type 61 tanks shelled Titanosaurus during the monster's first attack on Tokyo.
- Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (1988) - Nintendo Entertainment System / Famicom
- Godzilla: Giant Monster March (1995) - Sega Game Gear
- Armed with a 90mm L/52 rifled cannon
- Equipped with 12.7mm M2 Browning machine gun and a 7.62mm Browning M1919A4
- Able to move at 45 kilometers an hour
- Coincidentally, real-world production of the Type 61 Tank ceased in 1975, the same year it made its final appearance in a Godzilla film.
- Every shot of King Ghidorah setting a tank on fire in Godzilla vs. Gigan, or Megalon doing the same in Godzilla vs. Megalon, is stock footage from Mothra vs. Godzilla, with the addition of optical effects for their energy attacks.
Type 61 Tanks in Mothra vs. Godzilla
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.