The Shenyang J-6 is a Chinese fighter jet, based on the Russian-built Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19. A fleet of stolen J-6s were operated by the terrorist organization known as the Red Bamboo in the 1966 Godzilla film, Ebirah, Horror of the Deep.
After Godzilla defeated the Giant Condor, the Red Bamboo deployed a fleet of stolen Shenyang J-6s to combat him. The jets began firing on Godzilla with their weapons, but Godzilla wasn't injured by them, and fought back, grabbing some and crushing them. As the battle continued, Godzilla knocked several planes out of the sky with his tail, before shooting down the rest with his atomic breath.
- Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
- All Monsters Attack (1969) [stock footage]
- Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972) [stock footage; erroneous]
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) [stock footage; erroneous]
- Can fire missiles and bombs from below their wings.
- Can shoot bullets from wing-mounted 13-mm guns.
- The way in which Godzilla destroys some of the jets by grabbing them is reminiscent of how King Kong destroyed one of the Curtiss F8C Helldiver biplanes in his debut film.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.