Bye-Bye Jupiter (1984)
The following synopsis is taken from the back cover of Discotek's 2007 DVD release of the film:
"In the 22nd Century, the United Earth Federation has begun colonizing neighboring planets in the solar system. While attempting to extract water from Mars' polar ice caps, a UEF science team uncovers ancient carvings that describe the crash of an alien spacecraft on the planet Jupiter several millennia ago. The discovery postpones the initial phase of the Jupiter Solarization Project, a plan to transform the gas giant into a second sun, providing both additional solar energy for Earth and making the outer worlds fit for colonization. From Minerva Station in the orbit of Jupiter, Dr. Eiji Honda is dispatched to ensure that alien life does not exist on Jupiter before the planned mission is to commence.
When scientists discover that a black hole is approaching the solar system, Earth's only hope is to abandon the Solarization Project and instead send Jupiter into the black hole. Dr. Honda must race to complete the new mission before time runs out!"
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
To be added.
- Main article: Bye-Bye Jupiter/Credits.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Koji Hashimoto, Sakyo Komatsu
- Written by Sakyo Komatsu
- Produced by Tomoyuki Tanaka, Sakyo Komatsu
- Music by Kentaro Haneda, Yumi Matsutoya, Jiro Sugita
- Stock Music by Akira Ifukube, Ikuma Dan
- Cinematography by Kazutami Hara
- Edited by Yoshitami Kuroiwa
- Production Design by Akira Sakuragi
- Assistant Directing by Masaaki Tezuka
- Special Effects by Koichi Kawakita
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
Weapons, Vehicles, and Races
- Main article: Bye-Bye Jupiter/Gallery.
- Main article: Bye-Bye Jupiter (Soundtrack).
- Sayonara Jupiter (さよならジュピターJapan)
- Goodbye, Jupiter, Goodbye (Adiós, Júpiter, Adiós; Spain)
- Steely Vultures Space (Ατσαλένιοι γύπες του διαστήματος Atsalénioi gíles tu thiastímatos; Greece)
- Operation Jupiter (West Germany)
- Region: 2
- Discs: 2
- Audio: Japanese
- Region: 1
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese (5.1 Surround), English (2.0 Mono)
- Special Features: Behind the scenes featurette (30 minutes), About the Film, Another Sayonara Jupiter (description of a stage version of the film), trailers, photo gallery
- Notes: Out of print.
Though Bye-Bye Jupiter is not available on Blu-ray, an HD version can be rented or purchased on the Japanese versions of Amazon Video and iTunes.
- Akihiko Hirata's role as Inoue Ryutaro in this film was the actor's final role before he died later that same year. Hirata was planned to appear in The Return of Godzilla as Doctor Hayashida, but was replaced by Yosuke Natsuki after his death.
- In one scene, Captain Hoger Kinn can be seen watching Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster.
- Writer Sakyo Komatsu originally wanted Orson Welles to play the role of the SSDO President, however William Tapier was ultimately cast.
This is a list of references for Bye-Bye Jupiter. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 4 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.