Gamera vs. Garasharp (1991)
Plot[edit | edit source]
A giant serpent-like monster, called Garasharp, appears and starts destroying Tokyo. Gamera soon appears and kills Garasharp. Then, two baby Garasharps crawl out of their mother's carcass. The military tries to kill them, but Gamera lets them crawl onto his back and he flies them to a remote tropical island. He breaks off their horns and fangs and leaves them to live freely on the island.
Staff[edit | edit source]
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Noriaki Yuasa
- Story and draft by Nisan Takahashi
- Illustrations and kaiju design by Akira Inoue
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
Trading cards[edit | edit source]
Alternate titles[edit | edit source]
- Gamera vs. Giant Evil Beast Garasharp (ガメラ対大邪獣ガラシャープ; Gamera tai Daijajū Garashāpu)
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is a common misconception that Gamera vs. Garasharp is a condensed version of a scrapped Gamera film and not an original short. According to director Noriaki Yuasa, "The creator of the film announced that it was the un-produced Gamera movie. But Garasharp is a character which was made specifically for the bonus tr[a]ck of the LD set." Had Daiei not gone bankrupt in 1971, Gamera's next opponent was intended to be a serpent, but it was a two-headed beast codenamed W.
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Gamera vs. Garasharp. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 11 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.