Hiroyuki Kawase (川瀬裕之 is a former Kawase Hiroyuki)Japanese child actor. After joining the Nihon Jido theater group in early childhood, he quickly landed roles in an episode of The Guardman, a Yakult commercial, and a production of The Trojan Women. Actress Haruko Kato saw the play and, impressed by Kawase's ability to lie absolutely still, recommended him to Akira Kurosawa when the legendary director was casting for his 1970 film Dodes'ka-den. He worked regularly in film and television, primarily for Toho, until 1974, when he retired to focus on school. Today, he works for Japan Airlines.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971) as Ken Yano
- Return of Ultraman (TV 1971-72) as Akio Takada [episode 24]
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) as Rokuro "Roku" Ibuki
- Mirror Man (TV 1971-72) as Satoshi Takeno [episode 15]
- Zone Fighter (TV 1973) as Jiro [episode 2]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Jet Jaguar holds Rokuro Ibuki in Godzilla vs. Megalon
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kawase delayed the productions of two of his Toho films after falling ill: Dodes'ka-den (measles) and Godzilla vs. Megalon (mumps).
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Hiroyuki Kawase. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.