Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong (2023-2024)
|This article concerns a recently-released film or other piece of media.
More information will be added to the article as it becomes available.
Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong is a seven-issue comic book collaboration between DC Comics and Legendary Comics in association with Toho International, crossing over the Justice League with the Monsterverse. When the barrier between worlds is breached during a confrontation between the League and the Legion of Doom, Godzilla and Kong emerge on an Earth of the DC Universe. The comic is written by Brian Buccellato with art by Christian Duce and Luis Guerrero, and began publication on October 17, 2023.
Issue #1 (collects JLvGvK #1-2)
Tie-in variant covers for other DC comics
- This comic does not take place in the primary DC continuity. Writer Brian Buccellato has stated that he considers it akin to the output of Elseworlds, a DC imprint which releases comics set in standalone continuities.
- Godzilla was planned to cross over with Justice League member Batman in the 1960s in an unmade film. He was referenced in Godzilla vs. Biollante, with Asuka Okouchi comparing Kazuto Kirishima to the hero after his fight with SSS9.
- Batman previously met King Kong in The LEGO Batman Movie. Both they and Mechagodzilla were also featured in Ready Player One, though none of them interacted.
- The Monsterverse Godzilla's design made a cameo in 2019's Titans: Burning Rage #5, by way of Beast Boy shapeshifting into a bright green "Garzilla."
- This comic represents the first meeting of Godzilla and Superman. The hero was previously mentioned by Ken Yano in the 1971 film Godzilla vs. Hedorah, and in a line from Godzilla vs. Biollante's English dub replacing the Batman line.
- The concept of a crossover between Superman and Godzilla somewhat resembles that of the 1942 film The Arctic Giant, an animated Superman story which depicted one of the earliest Godzilla-esque monsters.
- With this comic, Godzilla has appeared in the universes of both DC and Marvel Comics and fought against their most prominent superhero teams: the Justice League and the Avengers, respectively.
This is a list of references for Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: