Monster Picture Story: Godzilla
Monster Picture Story: Godzilla (怪獣絵物語 ゴジラ is a Kaiju Monogatari Gojira)Japanese kaiju comic written by Koichi Yoshida and illustrated by Shunichi Iwaigawa which was published by Kodansha in the March 1955 issue of Bokura magazine. It is based on the original 1954 Godzilla film, though with significant changes to the monster's design and the cast of characters. It was republished in 2016 for the first volume of the Godzilla All Movie DVD Collector's Box.
Differences from the film
- Godzilla is drawn with spindly arms and without any dorsal fins.
- Hagiwara, a reporter in the film, becomes an officer and a more central character. Shinkichi is now his brother, with a vaguely defined connection to the Yamanes. Kyohei Yamane's daughter is renamed Fumiko, and she is much younger than Emiko. Hideto Ogata is completely absent.
- Godzilla's nighttime attack on Odo Island is omitted; his first appearance on the island comes when he rises out of a volcanic crater. When Yamane takes a photo, Godzilla unleashes his atomic breath, though none of the characters are hit.
- The other characters learn of Dr. Serizawa and his weapon, now called "Oxygent" (オキシジェント instead of " Okishijento)Oxygen Destroyer", through an unnamed soldier. The scientist wears glasses instead of an eyepatch. Fumiko and Shinkichi convince him to use the Oxygent by taking him up to a rooftop to watch the monster's second rampage through Tokyo.
- Godzilla battles fighter jets in the heart of the city, smashing at least one.
- Hagiwara sacrifices himself to detonate a massive amount of dynamite, which causes Godzilla to withdraw from Tokyo.
- Serizawa is accompanied by Shinkichi instead of Ogata when he dives into Tokyo Bay to use the Oxygent against Godzilla.
Weapons, vehicles, and races
This is a list of references for Monster Picture Story: Godzilla. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.