Godzilla vs. Mothra (Shogakukan manga)
Godzilla vs. Mothra (ゴジラＶＳモスラ is a Gojira tai Mosura)1993 manga adaptation of the film of the same name. It was published as a paperback by Shogakukan as part of its Tentomushi Comics line. It is one of two different manga adaptations of the film, the other published by Kodansha.
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
Differences from the film
- Masako Tezuka rescues Takuya Fujito at the beginning of the manga, rather than Takuya escaping the collapsing temple by himself.
- The character of Kenji Ando is omitted, and Masako works for the Marutomo Company rather than the Environmental Planning Board. Miki Saegusa and Masako's daughter Midori are omitted as well. The villain Takeshi Tomokane plays a much larger role than in the film.
- Masako and Takuya travel to Infant Island to investigate ancient temples, but a Marutomo Company construction crew destroys them. During the ensuing argument between Masako and Takuya, Takuya accidentally reveals Mothra's egg.
- Battra can fire energy spheres, and uses them to destroy a ship at sea.
- Takeshi Tomokane rescues Masako and the Cosmos after the battle between Godzilla and the larval Mothra and Battra, but seemingly leaves Takuya to his death.
- The M6000 T.C. System from Godzilla vs. Biollante is used against the larval Mothra.
- An additional battle between Godzilla and Battra takes place at Yokohama Harbor. Battra transforms into his imago stage during this battle.
- During the final battle, Mothra shields Battra from Godzilla's atomic breath, which is what prompts his alliance with her.
- Tomokane shows up during the final battle and fatally wounds Masako with a gunshot.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.