Mighty Avengers #1
"The Mighty Avengers" is the first issue of Marvel Comics' Mighty Avengers. It was published on March 7, 2007 and features the most recent canonical appearance of Godzilla in a Marvel comic, albeit unlicensed.
|“I knew that『plot』wasn't up to much.”
This plot synopsis is missing or incomplete.
Please help by editing this section.
To be added.
- Mole Man's monsters
- Carol Danvers / Ms. Marvel
- Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Simon Williams / Wonder Man
- Robert Reynolds / Sentry
- Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Janet Van Dyne / Wasp
- Maria Hill
- Harvey Elder / Mole Man
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- Godzilla is never mentioned in the issue, and only definitively appears in a single panel. According to the Marvel Pets Handbook, published on June 17, 2009 and later incorporated into Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #14 in 2010, Godzilla once resided on Monster Island under the care of the Mole Man. Because Godzilla was never shown under the Mole Man's control in any other comic, it is assumed to be referring to Mighty Avengers #1, thus canonizing the creature as Godzilla.
- Godzilla, who last appeared in the Marvel Universe as an unrecognizable mutant in The Thing #31, seems to have somehow returned to a more traditional form, though lacking his dorsal plates.
- An early version of the panel featuring Godzilla which was published in Marvel Previews #41 showed his dorsal plates intact. The exact reason for their removal is unclear, though it may have been for legal reasons due to Marvel not holding the rights to the character at the time.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.