Red Ronin, known at the time under the alias "SJ3RX," was originally designed by scientist Yuriko Takiguchi, and developed with assistance from engineer Tamara Hashioka and technicians from Stark International. The colossal mech was originally built with the intention of being sent to S.H.I.E.L.D., for use against Godzilla. This all changed however, when it was stolen by Dr. Takiguchi's twelve year old grandson, Rob, who ultimately bestowed the name Red Ronin upon the machine. After a failed attempt to control the robot, Rob eventually succeeded in piloting Red Ronin into battle with Godzilla, in an attempt to drive the beast off. Rob wished to prevent the monster from being harmed, and his attempts to ward the monster off were carefully executed in order to keep it safe, ultimately succeeding in doing so. It was later discovered that Ronin had been imprinted with Rob's brain patterns, making the robot unusable unless piloted by him. Rob utilized Red Ronin in a few more instances after this, aiding Godzilla in battles against creatures such as Yetrigar, Krollar, Rhiahn, and Triax. During one such battle, Rhian managed to decapitate Ronin, leaving it inactive.
S.H.I.E.L.D. eventually began to rebuild the robot, with the aid of Stark technicians. This rebuilding process was later completed in, and Red Ronin went on to have several other appearances.
- Red Ronin is capable of flight at subsonic speeds, due to atomic propulsion units installed in its legs.
- Red Ronin can run immensely fast, reaching speeds of up to 45 miles per hour, or about 72.42 kilometers per hour.
- Red Ronin is armed with a magnetic, field-guided, hydrogen fusion blade called the Solar Blade, which is stored on its shield.
- Red Ronin's left hand gauntlet can be converted into a short-pulse electron beam projecter, known simply as the Power Blaster.
- Mounted on its shield, Red Ronin is armed with a high-powered ultraviolet gatling laser gun, simply referred to as the Gatling Laser Device.
- The gatling laser can also generate great heats, be used as a cutting device, and fire blasts of concussive force.
- Although never utilized in the comics themselves, the cover art for issue #8 of Godzilla, King of the Monsters shows Red Ronin seemingly charging its left fist with some type of energy.
- Red Ronin's outer shell is composed of stainless steel, and is highly durable, able to shrug off temperature extremes, high falls, powerful impacts, and even a blast from Godzilla's atomic breath.
- Red Ronin possesses immense strength, with a lift capacity of 30 tons, or 7 tons at its arms' length.
- Red Ronin's guidance system is mechanical gyroscopic, with the LORAN C navigation satellite.
- Red Ronin's practical performance capacity is electromechanical, with computer aided proportionately scaled-up human reflexes.
- Red Ronin's Gatling Laser Device is detachable, and can function as a rotary homing device.
- Located in its shoulder, Red Ronin is equipped with a Magnetic Defense Field generator which is, as its name implies, capable of creating Magnetic Defense Fields.
- Red Ronin can release Magneclamp cables from its boot units, which are strong enough to hold and support a being as massive as Godzilla himself.
- Godzilla, King of the Monsters #6-15, 17 (1977-78)
- (2005) [flashback]
This is a list of references for Red Ronin. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.