Comics[edit | edit source]
- Godzilla, King of the Monsters #6-15, 17 (1977-78)
- The Avengers #197-199 (1980)
- The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #10 (1983)
- The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #10 (1986)
- Solo Avengers #15 (1989)
- The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition #7 (1991)
- Tales of the Marvels - Wonder Years #1 (1995)
- Wolverine Annual '96 (1996)
- JLA/Avengers #4 (2003)
- Marvel Monsters: From the Files of Ulysses Bloodstone (2005)
- New Thunderbolts #13 (2005) [flashback]
- Thunderbolts #107 (2006)
- Dark Reign: Zodiac #3 (2009)
Red Ronin, known at the time under the alias "SJ3RX," was originally designed by scientist Yuriko Takiguchi, and developed with assistance from engineer Tamara Hashioka and technicians from Stark International. The colossal mecha was originally built with the intention of being sent to S.H.I.E.L.D., for use against Godzilla. This all changed, however, when it was stolen by Dr. Takiguchi's 12-year-old grandson Rob, who ultimately bestowed the name Red Ronin upon the machine. After a failed attempt to control the robot, Rob eventually succeeded in piloting Red Ronin into battle with Godzilla, in an attempt to drive the beast off. Rob wished to prevent the monster from being harmed, and his attempts to ward the monster off were carefully executed in order to keep it safe, ultimately succeeding in doing so. It was later discovered that Ronin had been imprinted with Rob's brain patterns, making the robot unusable unless piloted by him. Rob utilized Red Ronin in a few more instances after this, aiding Godzilla in battles against creatures such as Yetrigar and the Mega-Monsters (Triax, Rhiahn, and Krollar). During one such battle, Rhiahn managed to decapitate Ronin with the Anterior Bio-Blade on its tail, rendering it inactive.
The Avengers[edit | edit source]
"Prelude of the War-Devil"[edit | edit source]
S.H.I.E.L.D. eventually began to rebuild the robot, with the aid of Stark technicians. This rebuilding process was later completed in The Avengers #197, and Red Ronin went on to have numerous other appearances.
JLA/Avengers #4[edit | edit source]
When an entity called Krona's quest to discover the secrets of a universe's creation lead to the heroes from Marvel Comics and DC Comics joining forces to defeat him, Red Ronin was one of the entities that stormed Krona's stronghold in between their respective dimensions. It is unknown who, if anyone, piloted the mecha during this encounter, as he is only present for one panel, and in said panel, only his knee is shown.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Movement[edit | edit source]
- Red Ronin is capable of flight at subsonic speeds, due to atomic propulsion units installed in its legs.
- Red Ronin can run immensely fast, reaching speeds of up to 45 miles per hour, or about 72.42 kilometers per hour.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Red Ronin is armed with a magnetic, field-guided, hydrogen fusion blade called the Solar Blade, which is stored on its shield.
- Red Ronin's left hand gauntlet can be converted into a short-pulse electron beam projecter, known simply as the Power Blaster.
- Mounted on its shield, Red Ronin is armed with a high-powered ultraviolet Gatling laser gun, simply referred to as the Gatling Laser Device.
- The Gatling laser gun can also generate great heat, be used as a cutting device, and fire blasts of concussive force.
- Although never utilized in the comics themselves, the cover art for issue #8 of Godzilla, King of the Monsters shows Red Ronin seemingly charging its left fist with some type of energy.
Physical abilities[edit | edit source]
- Red Ronin's outer shell is composed of stainless steel, and is highly durable, able to shrug off temperature extremes, high falls, powerful impacts, and even a blast from Godzilla's atomic breath.
- Red Ronin possesses immense strength, with a lift capacity of 30 tons, or 7 tons at its arms' length.
- Red Ronin's guidance system is mechanical gyroscopic, with the LORAN C navigation satellite.
- Red Ronin's practical performance capacity is electromechanical, with computer aided proportionately scaled-up human reflexes.
Defensive capabilities[edit | edit source]
- Red Ronin's Gatling Laser Device is detachable, and can function as a rotary homing device.
- Located in its shoulder, Red Ronin is equipped with a Magnetic Defense Field Generator which is, as its name implies, capable of creating Magnetic Defense Fields.
- Red Ronin can release Magnaclamp Cables from its boot units, which are strong enough to hold and support a being as massive as Godzilla himself.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
An anatomical drawing of Red Ronin from issue #10 of The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Deluxe Edition
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Red Ronin. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
[edit | edit source]
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.