Yokai Monsters series
The Yokai Monsters series (妖怪シリーズ, also called the Daiei Yokai Trilogy Yōkai Shirīzu, lit. Yokai Series) (大映の妖怪三部作, is a trilogy of unconnected Daiei no Yōkai Sanbusaku)tokusatsu horror films produced by Daiei which feature Japanese monsters from mythology known as yokai. All three entries were directed by Kimiyoshi Yasuda and Yoshiyuki Kuroda from 1968 to 1969. The Great Yokai War, a modern-day reimagining of the second film in the trilogy, was directed by Takashi Miike in 2005, with a sequel following it in 2021.
- Yokai Monsters: 100 Monsters (1968)
- Yokai Monsters: Spook Warfare (1968)
- Yokai Monsters: Along with Ghosts (1969)
- Yokai Monsters: 100 Monsters (1968) - Weekly Shonen King manga adaptation
- Yokai Monsters: Spook Warfare (1968) - Bessatsu Adventure King manga adaptation
- Yokai Monsters: Along with Ghosts (1969) - Weekly Shonen King manga adaptation
Yokai with official names listed in alphabetical order. May be incomplete.
- The Seven Wonders of Honjo (1937) - inspiration for Yokai Monsters: 100 Monsters; produced by Shinko Kinema, later acquired by Daiei
- Invisible Swordsman (1970) - fourth yokai-oriented Daiei film directed by Yoshiyuki Kuroda and written by Tetsuro Yoshida
- Yokai Heaven (1986) - direct-to-video film originally intended as an unofficial reboot of the Yokai Monsters series
- Yokai Heaven: Ghost Hero (1990) - sequel to Yokai Heaven
- Sakuya (2000) - modern yokai film heavily inspired by the Yokai Monsters series
- The Great Yokai War (2005) - remake of Yokai Monsters: Spook Warfare
- The Great Yokai War: Guardians (2021) - original sequel to The Great Yokai War
- Also simply called "Kappa."
- Also called "Mitsumenyudo," "Mitsumebozu," "Umipirorin," or "Umiperorin."
- Also called "Nimenjo."
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.