"A Stubborn Father's Longest Day"
"A Stubborn Father's Longest Day" (
Miyoko Kuroiwa and her fiancee Kenji Mizubata ask her obstinate father, Tetsugoro, to approve their marriage. Internally, Tetsugoro finds fault with Kenji's every action and struggles to look him in the eye, imagining him as having the head of Kamachi. As Tetsugoro flies into a rage upon Kenji calling him "father" and nearly hits him, he realizes he is just a normal man and gives his blessing. At the wedding, however, Kenji's head suddenly reverts to Kamachi.
The episode concludes with a Grandpa Hedo segment:
- Young Hedo: “Hey, Grandpa Hedo. Why do people make a wish on a shooting star?”
- Grandpa Hedo: “Well... Even if the wish comes true, it may be fleeting like the star. Perhaps it is to convince themselves of that.”
- Young Hedo: “Okie hedokie!”
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Holly Kaneko as Tetsugoro Kuroiwa, lantern painter and widower
- Natsumi Tezuka as Miyoko Kuroiwa, Tetsugoro's daughter
- Kota Iijima as Kenji Mizubata, bridegroom
- Fumihiko Nemoto as Kenji's father
- Junko Kubota as Kenji's mother
- Megumi Kawano as MC of wedding (voice)
- This episode's Grandpa Hedo segment was suggested by the user Hodora Kai.
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.