"Fly Towards the Future!"
"Fly Towards the Future!" (
Minilla feeds Radon a Meganulon berry. Godzilla-kun and Little arrive and discuss the Rodan family's renowned flying abilities. Minilla questions whether he should teach Radon to fly, but Godzilla-kun explains that Godzillas can't fly. Nonetheless, Minilla resolves to teach him, as Little points out that even the leaf he's holding can fly under the right circumstances. Standing on top of a cliff, Minilla throws the leaf into the distance. Radon then tries to fly, but can only stay aloft for a few seconds before plummeting. Minilla carries him to the top to try again, but with the same result.
Before he can try for a third time, a trio of Dorats swoops down to menace the duo. They declare their intent to eat the egg that Minilla protected in their last encounter, and are undeterred when he points out that it already hatched. Minilla prevents them from telekinetically lifting Radon, then shields him from their lightning. When Minilla collapses, Radon's fury prompts him to take to the skies, ramming the Dorats and knocking them to the ground. They respond by combining into the gargantuan King Ghidorah, removing their three-minute time limit to stay in the monsters' time, and rain down Gravity Beams. After Radon is hit, Godzilla-kun steps in front of him. Minilla and Radon retreat as he challenges Ghidorah alone. The three-headed monster repels him twice, but he preserves. As he starts glowing orange, an army of monsters arrive to help him: Minilla, Radon, Little, Anguirus, Baragon, Gorosaurus, Manda, Kumonga, and Varan. Encouraged, Godzilla-kun leads a charge.
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Yumiko Takahashi as Godzilla-kun (voice)
- Hideyuki Kobayashi as Little (voice) / Anguirus (voice)
- Grandpa Hedo
- Young Hedo
- This episode has an extended credit sequence recapping the first season.
- Radon eating the Meganulon berry references Rodan eating the insects as a hatchling in his debut film.
- When Little asks why Godzillas can't fly, Godzilla-kun explains, "Because we don't have wings or flames shooting from our feet". The latter part may be a reference to Gamera or the original Mechagodzilla. Little brings up their atomic breath, prompting Godzilla-kun to imagine himself flying by firing it into the air, a nod to Godzilla vs. Hedorah.
- All of the monsters who assembled at the base of Mount Fuji to challenge the Kilaaks and King Ghidorah in Destroy All Monsters appear in this episode's final scene, with the addition of Little. Godzilla-kun shouts, "All monsters attack!" (怪獣総進撃 as a battle cry, referencing the film's Japanese title. kaijū sōshingeki, lit. "Monsters completely advance")
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.