Loch Ness Monster
- Niko Tatopoulos: “At least they could've hired a real actor. This guy is embarrassing!”
- Elsie Chapman: “What do you mean?”
- Niko Tatopoulos: “And is that thing made of rubber?”
- Elsie Chapman: “I don't know, it's too blurry to tell. Maybe the creature-”
- Niko Tatopoulos: “Elsie, please. This is a publicity stunt. Tourism must be down in Scotland, so the locals faked an attack.”
- ― Niko Tatopoulos and Elsie Chapman discussing the validity of footage of the Loch Ness Monster (Godzilla: The Series episode 11, "DeadLoch")
The Loch Ness Monster, nicknamed Nessie, is a well-known cryptid speculated to reside in Loch Ness in Scotland. An interpretation of the creature was planned to appear in the Toho-Hammer Films co-production Nessie, but the project never materialized. The Loch Ness Monster finally appeared in episode 11 of the TriStar Pictures cartoon Godzilla: The Series, entitled "DeadLoch."
History[edit | edit source]
"DeadLoch"[edit | edit source]
Nessie is a member of a species of Mosasaur that survived in Loch Ness and only surfaces every 20 years to mate. Nessie and her species lived in peace, until her baby was kidnapped by a scientist who intended to sell the one-of-a-kind newborn; regardless of the fury of Nessie been invoked. H.E.A.T were visiting Scotland, and investigated after seeing a video of what appeared to be Nessie attacking the scientist's facility. Godzilla appeared during one of Nessie's attacks and the two battled both on land and underwater in several fights.
It wasn't until later that Godzilla discovered Nessie was only attacking in order to find and save her baby - due to Randy broadcasting the baby's cries out over the Loch, which the mother reacted to. Godzilla then would team up with Nessie and - after getting her baby back from the scientist - help her rescue her infant by tearing open the cage the baby was locked in. Reunited with her baby, Nessie headed off, with her and Godzilla giving each other a 'parting roar'.
"Future Shock"[edit | edit source]
It is possible that she and her offspring were slain by the D.R.A.G.M.A.s when they overran the world in an alternate future. However, thanks to the effort of the H.E.A.T. team of destroying all of the D.R.A.G.M.A. younglings when they successfully return to the past, both of them are spared from this fate.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Nessie/Gallery.
In other languages[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It has long been rumored that a Loch Ness Monster prop created for the unproduced Toho-Hammer co-production Nessie was later reused by Teruyoshi Nakano as the Dragon for the film Princess from the Moon in 1987. However, Nessie was cancelled almost a decade before Princess from the Moon was released, and no mention of a prop being reused for the film is made in any official sources.
- Nessie is one of the only friendly monsters, other than Godzilla and Komodithrax, to be encountered by H.E.A.T..
- Nessie is referred to as a "mosasaur" in Godzilla: The Series, despite resembling a classic sea serpent more than any known species of mosasaur.
- Nessie is one of two Godzilla: The Series monsters to be based on cryptids, the other being the Yeti. However, while Nessie was a real creature in the series, the Yeti was mechanical.
- The MonsterVerse Titan known as Leviathan resides at Outpost 49 in Loch Ness, a reference to the Loch Ness Monster.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Nessie. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 2 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.