- Niko Tatopoulos: “At least they could've hired a real actor. This guy is embarrassing!”
- Elsie Chapman: “What do you mean?
Niko Tatopoulos: "And is that thing made of rubber?"
Elsie Chapman: "I don't know, it's too blurry to tell. Maybe the creature-"
Niko Tatopoulos: "Elsie, please. This is a publicity stunt. Tourism must be down in Scotland, so the locals faked an attack.”
- ― Niko Tatopoulos and Elsie Chapman discussing the validity of some footage of Nessie in DeadLoch
Nessie, more commonly known as the Loch Ness Monster, is a prehistoric sea monster kaiju created by TriStar Pictures and based on the well-known cryptid creature speculated to live in Loch Ness, that first appeared in the Godzilla: The Series episode "DeadLoch."
Nessie is a member of a species of Mosasaur that survived in Loch Ness and only surfaces every 20 years to mate. Nessie and her species lived in peace, until her baby was kidnapped by a scientist who intended to sell the one-of-a-kind newborn; regardless of the fury of Nessie been invoked. H.E.A.T were visiting Scotland, and investigated after seeing a video of what appeared to be Nessie attacking the scientist's facility. Godzilla appeared during one of Nessie's attacks and the two battled both on land and underwater in several fights.
It wasn't until later that Godzilla discovered Nessie was only attacking in order to find and save her baby - due to Randy broadcasting the baby's cries out over the Loch, which the mother reacted to. Godzilla then would team up with Nessie and - after getting her baby back from the scientist - help her rescue her infant by tearing open the cage the baby was locked in. Reunited with her baby, Nessie headed off, with her and Godzilla giving each other a 'parting roar'.
It is possible that she and her offspring were slain by the D.R.A.G.M.A.s when they overran the world in an alternate future. However, thanks to the effort of the H.E.A.T. team of destroying all of the D.R.A.G.M.A. younglings when they successfully return to the past, both of them are spared from this fate.
- Main article: Nessie/Gallery.
In other languages
- Nessie is one of the only friendly monsters, other than Godzilla and Komodithrax, to be encountered by H.E.A.T..
- Nessie and her offspring are similar to the Toho kaiju Manda, as the two have long, serpentine bodies and aquatic lifestyle.
- Nessie is referred to as a "mosasaur" in her debut episode, despite resembling a classic sea serpent more rather than any known species of Mosasaur found in the fossil record.
- Nessie is also one of the two kaiju from Godzilla: The Series based off cryptids, the other one being the Yeti. The only difference is that the yeti turned out to be a machine, while Nessie turned out to be real.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.