Chibi Godzilla Raids Again (TV 2023)
|This article concerns an upcoming subject, and will be updated with new information as it arises.|
This is a story of encounters and counterattacks... (これは、出会いと逆襲の物語ー)
Chibi Godzilla Raids Again (ちびゴジラの逆襲 is an upcoming animated children's television series directed and co-written by Taketo Shinkai. Funded by Chibi Gojira no Gyakushū, lit. "Chibi Godzilla's Counterattack")Toho with animation by Pie in the sky Inc., it will be the second series based on Chiharu Sakazaki's Chibi Godzilla media franchise, after the two-season web show I'm Home! Chibi Godzilla. It stars the voices of Jun Fukuyama, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Takuya Eguchi, and Rie Takahashi. The series will premiere on TV Tokyo's Eeny Meeny Miney Mo timeslot on April 1, 2023. Episodes will also be made available on YouTube the same day they air on television, and on several other platforms one week later. Each episode will be two minutes and 40 seconds long.
One day, Chibi Godzilla, who lives on Monster Island, found Chibi Mechagodzilla washed up on the shore. The pair's meeting begins an everyday life beyond human understanding for these chibi monsters with abundant personalities! Don't miss the astonishing wars of words contained in these 160-second volumes! This is a story of encounters and counterattacks...
Development and production
According to its trailer, planning for the series lasted 10 months and production took about half a year.
On March 1, 2023, the Chibi Godzilla Twitter account posted a series of teasers tagged with the phrase "Raids Again!!!!!!" and a date of March 2. The announcement of Chibi Godzilla Raids Again followed the next day, along with key art, comments from the cast, and a final teaser video. A promotion was also launched until March 9 for five participants to win a B2-size poster autographed by the cast. The Chibi Godzilla Twitter teased another news drop on March 16, leading to the release of a full trailer the next day.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Taketo Shinkai
- Written by Taketo Shinkai, Yuki Hirokawa
- Edited by Mahiro Oyama
- Key animation by Kakuji, Ari
- Opening animated by Hironobu Sakai
- Character designer Chiharu Sakazaki
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Jun Fukuyama as Chibi Godzilla
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Chibi Mechagodzilla
- Takuya Eguchi as Chibi Ghidorah
- Rie Takahashi as Chibi Mothra
- Hiro Shimono as Chibi Rodan
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Chibi Hedorah
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Chibi Biollante
- Reina Ueda as elder Shobijin
- Akari Kito as younger Shobijin
Weapons, vehicles, and races
Episodes of Chibi Godzilla Raids Again will be made available to stream in Japan on the following platforms, one week after their television airing:
- ABEMA Premium
- Amazon Prime Video
- Anime Hodai
- Bandai Channel
- d Anime Store
- d Anime Store Nico Nico Branch
- d Anime Store for Prime Video
- DMM TV
- Flat Douga
- J:COM On-Demand
- Nico Nico Channel
- TELASA (au Smart Pass Premium)
- Chibi Godzilla Raids Again takes its title from that of the second Godzilla movie, Godzilla Raids Again, released in 1955.
- This series will premiere on the 10th anniversary of animation studio Pie in the sky, which was founded on April 1, 2013.
- Reina Ueda, who voices the elder Shobijin in this series, previously voiced Mothra's priestess Maina in the GODZILLA anime trilogy.
- Chibi Anguirus is the only character in the series who has not had a voice actor revealed. The series' trailer only has him roar, and lists his actor as "???."
This is a list of references for Chibi Godzilla Raids Again. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 34 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.