The Thorny Devil was a mutation caused by nuclear testing at Area 51 in the 1950's. When shifting climates weakened an interior wall, it escaped following the Giant Armadillo. While the armadillo was captured before it could escape the facility wall, the Thorny Devil remained under the soil, trying his best to burrow away. Randy Hernandez and Dr. Candace Kirk, the base’s overseer, came across the creature and called for unsuccessful backup from H.E.A.T.. When the others came to their rescue, the Thorny Devil crushed their jeep and attacked with its spikes. Godzilla, sensing his friends' peril, burrowed under the perimeter wall to fight the Thorny Devil. The Thorny Devil's hide proved too tough for Godzilla's atomic breath, and he managed to momentarily disable Godzilla by unloading a payload of toxic spikes at point-blank range. Seeing its chance, the creature made a move for the gates, ready to ram them as the humans tried to think of a way to stop it. Randy was then chosen to deliver a specially made tranquilizer dart into Thorny Devil's underbelly. Armed only with the tranquilizer gun, he caught up to Thorny Devil and shot the dart, but it fell out of the creature's skin. By that time Godzilla had recovered enough strength to battle the Thorny Devil once more. Godzilla was able to flip the Thorny Devil onto his back and slay him with his atomic breath.
- The Thorny Devil has an endless supply of eject-able spikes loaded with the toxic equivalent of 20 scorpion stings that it could fire from a hidden fold just behind its head.
- The Thorny Devil can skewer objects at short distances with its spiked tongue.
- The spiky armored hide on the Devil's back was impervious to Godzilla's atomic breath.
- The Devil had enough strength to throw Godzilla into the air.
- The Thorny Devil is an excellent burrower.
- The Thorny Devil's underbelly is soft and vulnerable.
- Main article: Thorny Devil/Gallery.
Showing 2 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.
<comments voting="Plus" />