When several oil company researches went missing in Antarctica, the company tried covering it up with the excuse of shifting ice. H.E.A.T joined the expedition where, after discovering a Baby Borer, they were soon attacked by several adults. Massive in size, they cornered Nick and Monique before Godzilla arrived to save them. It took five of the behemoths, but they managed to drag Godzilla down into the slush created by their high body heat and ice. Not knowing the fate of Godzilla, they rigged up several nitrogen mist spray guns that could be used to drastically reduce the Ice Borer’s body temperatures and render them harmless. Several of the creatures were defeated in this way. With the guns freezing and falling apart after just a few short hits, Godzilla emerged from the ice, taking one of the creatures himself as H.E.A.T dealt with the last of them.
- The Ice Borers can burrow through ice very quickly due to their extreme body temperature.
- The Ice Borers' body temperature can be lowered if they are injected with liquid nitrogen.
- Main article: Ice Borer/Gallery.
In Other Languages
- The idea for the Ice Borers most likely came from an April Fool's article from the April 1995 issue of Discover magazine (Breakthroughs feature, "Life on Ice II - Hotheads" pp 14-15). In this article, the "hotheaded naked ice borers" are depicted as a new species of naked mole rat with a special heat-producing patch of tissue above their noses, which they use to melt tunnels rapidly through the ice and ambush penguins from beneath.
- The Ice Borers share some similarities to Baragon, in that both creatures burrow and utilize heat-based powers.
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.