In a nutshell, Nick: a Nanotech feeding frenzy. The more petroleum it consumes the more it replicates, and the more it replicates the more it needs to consume.
— Felix Hoenikker, the creature's creator ("Talkin' Trash")
The Nanotech Creature was created by Dr. Felix Hoenikker of the Manhattan Institute for Advanced Technology, using the institution's grant money to help to combat the refuse problem in the city. It consists of a colony of microbes with nanotech drivers attached to them. It was released to the public against its creator's advice to devour the garbage that had been collecting during a sanitation worker strike, unfortunately, due to its being released on the city before it was tested, it was unable to identify garbage, and began to devour everything in its path. H.E.A.T. then attempted to apprehend the creature, and tried to overload its circuitry with an Electromagnetic Pulse, but they were not equipped to handle as large a mass as the Nanotech Creature. The creature then took to the water to pursue H.E.A.T., and later attacked a cargo ship, where it was met with Godzilla. While they fought, the Nanotech Creature held the upper hand, and nearly smothered Godzilla, but H.E.A.T. created a virus to disable the creature by separating the drivers from the microbes and successfully launched it, destroying the Nanotech creature.
- The Nanotech Creature can absorb petroleum.
- The Nanotech Creature can grow in size very quickly.
- The Nanotech Creature can be petrified when infected with a computer virus, after which it can be easily destroyed.
- The Nanotech Creature does not like water.
- Godzilla: The Series - Monster Wars (2000) - Nintendo Game Boy Color
- Main article: Nanotech Creature/Gallery.
In Other Languages
- The Nanotech Creature is a monster composed of an entire colony of microorganisms joined together, similar to the monsters Hedorah and Destoroyah.
- In the novel GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse, Hedorah's role is very similar to that of the Nanotech Creature, being a colony of waste-eating microbes discovered and manipulated by scientists. Like the Nanotech Creature, Hedorah quickly went out of control and began rampaging after being unleashed, feeding on any nearby materials, in Hedorah's case pollutants, that it could.
- The creature's creator Dr. Felix Hoenikker is possibly a reference to the novel Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. In the novel, a character named Felix Hoenikker invents a substance known as ice-nine which converts all water it comes into contact with to more ice-nine. This is similar to how the Nanotech Creature consumes petrochemicals to create more of itself.
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.
<comments voting="Plus" />