Shockirus resembles marine arthropods like the horseshoe crab with its multiple legs and hard shell. Its shell has many bumps, and it has a two-pronged spike tail.
In the manga adaptation of The Return of Godzilla, the Shockirus look like giant cockroaches.
When Godzilla attacked the Yahata-Maru, Shockirus jumped off his body and came aboard the boat. Shockirus hunted down the crew members that had survived Godzilla's attack and killed them all, draining their bodily fluids and leaving behind desiccated husks. The last survivor, Hiroshi Okumura, was injured by Shockirus and locked himself inside a locker to hide from the creature. When reporter Goro Maki came aboard the ship the next day, he was attacked by Shockirus, who jumped onto his chest and crawled toward his throat. Fortunately, Okumura regained consciousness and stabbed Shockirus in the back with a hatchet, killing it.
Shockirus is an extraordinary jumper, and also can suck vital fluids out of a host. Its hard carapace also protects it from harm.
- NEW Godzilla (1985) - NEC PC-8801
Shockirus in NEW Godzilla
Shockirus appears in the Dark Horse Godzilla comics where it attacks Kino and Take' when they climb up Godzilla. A creature resembling Shockirus appears very briefly in IDW's Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #1.
Shockirus in The Return of Godzilla manga adaptation
- Main article: Shockirus/Gallery.
Shockirus' roars are Ebirah and Kumonga roars that have been raised/lowered in pitch and sped up and slowed down respectively. In the U.S. cut, the roars are replaced with a different hissing screech.
In Other Languages
- Serbian and Russian: Шокирус
- Shockirus was the first new monster introduced in the Heisei series.
- Shockirus was the last completely original monster in general to appear in the Godzilla series, being unconnected to any previous monsters, until MUTO The remaining monsters that appear in the Heisei and Millennium series are linked to Godzilla or another monster (Biollante-Godzilla, Battra-Mothra, Destoroyah-Oxygen Destroyer-Godzilla, Orga-Godzilla, Megaguirus-Meganulon, Monster X-Keizer Ghidorah-King Ghidorah) in some way.
This is a list of references for Shockirus. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 8 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.