Although being directly related to his mother, Daigoro looks very different. In general, he resembles a giant hippopotamus with beige-yellow skin. He has large, friendly eyes and powerful hands.
Daigoro is first seen as an infant who is orphaned by the military once they kill his mother. He is assigned a human caretaker and he is taken to an island. He grows fast and soon becomes too large, and he becomes harder to feed. He soon starts to receive very little food, and a fundraiser is set to make money to feed him. Later that night, Daigoro witnesses an asteroid fall on a nearby island. A few days later, Goliath appears and attacks Daigoro, and nearly kills him using his horn. Daigoro is given food and is nursed back to health, and he is trained for battle. A group of humans finds Goliath and put a cover over his horn, making it useless. Goliath then attacks Daigoro again, but Daigoro gets the upper hand. Daigoro shoots Goliath with powerful fire breath, and knocks him unconscious. Daigoro is congratulated for saving the world, and Goliath is sent back up to space using rockets.
- Daigoro has powerful fire breath.
- Daigoro can jump long distances.
- Monster Daigoro (1972-1973) - Fifth Year Elementary
- Monster Daigoro (1972-1973) - Sixth Year Elementary
- Monster Daigoro (1972) - First Year Elementary
- Monster Daigoro (1972-1973) - Second Year Elementary
- Monster Daigoro (1972-1974) - Third Year Elementary
- Monster Daigoro (1972-1973) - Fourth Year Elementary
- Monster Daigoro (1974) - Fourth Year Elementary
- Main article: Daigoro/Gallery.
Daigoro's roar is an edited King Kong roar.
- Daigoro may have been the inspiration for the Ultraman Cosmos kaiju Tablis and the Neo Ultra Q kaiju Sedegan.
- A puppet of Daigoro appeared in the long-running Ultraman puppet show Ultra P.
This is a list of references for Daigoro. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 24 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.